What's for Supper, 7-5-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
choice between a calif. roast beef sandwich (my own recipe here) and left over pasta salad. or i have part of a bbq chicken breast. might shred up and put in with leftover pasta salad or may put chicken in lettuce wrap and just eat the left over pasta salad as a side dish. either way no cooking and quick.

Today was our holiday cookout. We had several dips with chips or veggies, shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in prosciutto and grilled, lamb and beef kebabs, pilaf, cucumber salad, roasted vegetables and chocolate fudge cake with chocolate whipped cream frosting.

hauled out my main 4" tall cast iron skillet, heated up some olive oil/butter, added a large onion chopped, the last of the fresh spring broccoli, some leftover cold brown rice, and chopped up a jar of dried beef....remember when as a kid we would save those jars for orange juice glasses:LOL:..and crackers

DH is on nights and so was home for supper. I came home from the hospital and he had picked up a wonderful fresh wild sockeye salmon fillet, some asparagus from the market, and got the grill going. I baked a potato which we shared. What an incredible meal after a long hard day.

Tasting that fish makes me really glad to live on the west coast! And to have a wonderful hubby that cooks for me!

Last night we had a fabulous dinner! Market had a wonderful selection of seafood, so I picked up a pound of gorgeous jumbo shrimp (10-12 to a pound), some large sea scallops, & some beautiful sashimi-grade tuna "medallions". Marinated everything for about 45 minutes in some extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, chopped garlic, & fresh time, then made kabobs. Broiled & served over a bed of Zatarain's Rice Pilaf along with corn on the cob & a nice green salad. Delicious!!

Oh Barbara,
We have an Aldi being built right now by us, I can't wait. We have plenty of Sav-a-Lots, but they're just too filthy inside for me to shop there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your Aldi is better than ours. We had a brand new one come in a couple of years ago & from Day 1 it was AWFUL!! Nothing but their own versions of heavily processed foods plus a few obviously surplus name brands, 5-pound packages of bologna commandeering the meat department, etc., etc. The tiny amount of fresh produce is stored in large cardboard boxes on the floor - no refrigeration - & the fruit flies abound & follow you everywhere. It's disgusting. I can't even remotely imagine being able to eat in a healthy manner shopping there.

Yes, you do have to watch what you buy at Aldi, but they do have some good things. The produce at ours is very good, and I have gotten some good meat there. One thing that is different about our Aldi than any other I have shopped at is that the employees are friendly. That might sound strange, but all the Aldi stores my husband and I have shopped in have had rude employees!

:)Barbara

Employees? Except for the android checkout people, I've never seen any other "employee" at our Aldi. Granted, we've only walked in there a few times over the years to see if it's changed in any way. No such luck.

hauled out my main 4" tall cast iron skillet, heated up some olive oil/butter, added a large onion chopped, the last of the fresh spring broccoli, some leftover cold brown rice, and chopped up a jar of dried beef....remember when as a kid we would save those jars for orange juice glasses:LOL:..and crackers
I haven't had dried beef in so long! My mom used to make SOS for my Dad all the time. That was one of his favorite meals. :ermm:

I love to try to use up leftovers. It's usually in a casserole, salad, soup or a stir-fry.

Speaking of Aldi's... my hometown has one, and I miss it. I haven't seen one out here on the west coast.

Our Dollar Tree is pretty neat. I have found some great deals in their frozen food section.

My mom used to make the same thing - & I fondly remember using those glass jars as juice glasses as well.:)

Back
Top Bottom