What's for Supper, Friday, March 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some sort of shrimp and asparagus stir fry... thinking Vietnamese or Thai influenced.
And some potsticker dumplings!

Let's see, maybe I could make..... nah! :unsure:

Or maybe I could make..... nah! :neutral:

Oh, I know! I could make..... Aw, forget it! :wacko:

I'm ordering.....

img_883609_0_875c6c55213ce21132f9ee544e4b9fdc.jpg

Hmmmmmmuuss

Hmm I think I'm going to make some home made hummus and pita chips. I discovered making mode made pita chips from a friend of mine, and I love making them. So easy, just cut up a pita bread into triangles, drizzle with olive oil and some parsley flakes and some cracked pepper. Into the oven at 300 for about 5 minutes. That's it!

I always play with my hummus recipe, but i think i'm going to go with the 3 C's - cardamom, cumin, coriander...

Breaded fish filets, fries, cole slaw and green beans. Nice Friday fish dinner.

I started out with a grand plan. I have a nice Bordeaux in my wine rack, and I was going to hit the store on the ritzy side of town to pick up some beef tenderloin. After work, I couldn't stand the thought of an hour in traffic, so I chickened out and took the 10 minute drive home. I ended up scrounging for whatever I could find the day before grocery day. :(

we forewent the sammiches. ah, well.....
i dined well this morning, though! fried plantains + cinnamon-sugar/honey, then some ceviche.

Hmm I think I'm going to make some home made hummus and pita chips. I discovered making mode made pita chips from a friend of mine, and I love making them. So easy, just cut up a pita bread into triangles, drizzle with olive oil and some parsley flakes and some cracked pepper. Into the oven at 300 for about 5 minutes. That's it!

I always play with my hummus recipe, but i think i'm going to go with the 3 C's - cardamom, cumin, coriander...
I love hummus and pita chips. Do you have your own recipe?

Breaded fish filets, fries, cole slaw and green beans. Nice Friday fish dinner.
Where I am from, there is a restaurant that makes FANTASTIC fish dinners. They aren't breaded though, but you can get your fish breaded. I don't mean to hijack the thread I started.

Davidson's in Lakewood, NY make the best fried fish with cole slaw, french fries and a warm dinner roll.. YUM...
yum.gif

I started out with a grand plan. I have a nice Bordeaux in my wine rack, and I was going to hit the store on the ritzy side of town to pick up some beef tenderloin. After work, I couldn't stand the thought of an hour in traffic, so I chickened out and took the 10 minute drive home. I ended up scrounging for whatever I could find the day before grocery day. :(
Hey, I had that kind of night. I can't wait to see what you make when you make it to the store! :)

Where I am from, there is a restaurant that makes FANTASTIC fish dinners. They aren't breaded though, but you can get your fish breaded. I don't mean to hijack the thread I started.

Davidson's in Lakewood, NY make the best fried fish with cole slaw, french fries and a warm dinner roll.. YUM...
yum.gif

We have a local seafood place that I usally get take-out from but I got too good of a deal on the frozen fish.

Back
Top Bottom