What's for Supper, Friday, September 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was our dinner last night... meatballs in beef gravy over rotini pasta and a side of cabbage

img_849116_0_0dadf2993341cafbfb7b1ebaefa6c0a3.jpg

img_849116_1_52da7c26730ae2c6f35ba4877c843d05.jpg

This was our dinner last night... meatballs in beef gravy over rotini pasta and a side of cabbage

img_849117_0_0dadf2993341cafbfb7b1ebaefa6c0a3.jpg

img_849117_1_52da7c26730ae2c6f35ba4877c843d05.jpg
that looks yummy. it sort of looks like my swedish meatballs which i served over butter egg noodles. i put mustard in the beef/mushroom/wine gravy i make. whats in your gravy? and whats in the meatballs?

that looks yummy. it sort of looks like my swedish meatballs which i served over butter egg noodles. i put mustard in the beef/mushroom/wine gravy i make. whats in your gravy? and whats in the meatballs?
meatballs were premade frozen. I was having oven issues. the gravy has Kitchen Bouquet, flour, butter, green onion, salt, garlic powde and milk. I can't remember if I put pepper in it or not.

meatballs were premade frozen. I was having oven issues. the gravy has Kitchen Bouquet, flour, butter, green onion, salt, garlic powde and milk. I can't remember if I put pepper in it or not.

What brand of frozen meatballs do you use ? I like Mama Lucia's brand .

i have never bought frozen premade meatballs. are they plain with like just onion, bread and eggs? or spicey like an italian meatball? or do they have both? you like kitchen bouquet for gravy teehee i am a gravy master girl. LOL green onion in the gravy? yummy!! have you ever added a dab of spicey prepared brown mustard in the meatball gravy? gives it a little zip. i am gonna try green onion in my gravy next time.

I buy frozen turkey meatballs frequently, as they're nice to have on hand for impromptu pasta or meatball sub sandwich meals. Both Shady Brook Farms & Harris Teeter brands have been excellent, but I'd definitely avoid the Aidell (of sausage fame) brand, as their meatball product tends to be inedibly salty.

Regardless, they're all seasoned, but not particularly spicy. But of course that's easy to rectify via the sauce you use with them.

i have never bought frozen premade meatballs. are they plain with like just onion, bread and eggs? or spicey like an italian meatball? or do they have both? you like kitchen bouquet for gravy teehee i am a gravy master girl. LOL green onion in the gravy? yummy!! have you ever added a dab of spicey prepared brown mustard in the meatball gravy? gives it a little zip. i am gonna try green onion in my gravy next time.
They have frozen country/home-style meatballs and italian. Something else I love to do is throw meatballs in the crock-pot with some Yoshida's Gourmet Marinade and Cooking Sauce (sweet teriyaki kind). .... that makes a fast throw-together for a potluck or impromptu occasion.

My first attempt at bourbon chicken. It was good but its still not over the top. It will be when I am done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom