What's for Supper Monday May 23, 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I will be buying something at the airport in Cincinnati and eating it on my flight to San Diego (airport food is ridiculously expensive, but is better than the one or two things on the plane's menu, from the looks of it--and a little cheaper in the long-run I think).

What are you having tonight? :cool:

I am making beef stir fry :-D It was that or chicken curry, but I just had that about a month ago. Might make some egg rolls too, but Im only cooking for one tonight so I could skip that and still be happy lol
I dont enjoy airplane food and usually only eat in airports if I havent brought any snacks. My oldest son flies a lot between my place and his dads and he always wants some cash to buy the snack boxes on the planes and before take off we get there early enough to stop at one of the places there so he can eat before then espeically when hes got long layovers(he flies using the unaccompanied minor so he cant just go someplace on layovers) Have a nice flight though

Thanks. Yeah, I wouldn't be doing airport food either, but it is an hour (or more with rush hour traffic) drive to the airport, 7 hours between first take-off and final landing, and an hour or two to my daughter's house. Snacks won't quite do it. :cool:

I've got a good sized portion left over from the porterhouse I grilled the other night. I'll warm that up and set it on a couple pieces of garlic toast with some scrambled eggs and the peppers, onion, potato mixture from last night on the side.
So besides the eggs... leftovers.

I'll be doing gourmet ;) hamburgers tonight.

Barbara, have a great trip. :flowers:
If you'll be passing a Subway on the way to the airport, a quick stop for a sandwich to eat on the plane will save yourself some money, and long line hassle at the airport. We've done that often. One time we were seated at the back of the plane, and by the time they got to us, they had sold out of their overpriced "food". :dry:
I can hardly wait till Wed. to see what we'll be fed. :huh: We will be flying for ten hours in business class for the very first time, and I plan on taking pictures of everything. :LOL:

Chef's salad with homemade Russian dressing and some cheese bread I just pulled out of the oven and will be posting a pic of in just a minute in the "What are you baking today" thread.

Sloppy Joes, peas, salad made with spinach from the garden, and something called '"Jamaican Breeze" that was beans and rice and veg mix from Hanover.

Char Siu and Chinese broccoli (Gai Lan) with oyster sauce.

img_1003821_0_c803cc36ec9fcccf962fbbb01bb5178f.jpg

img_1003821_1_121345a5e885b19226e3d12c29d33188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom