What's for Supper on this Sunday 1/26/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finishing off the chicken and potato curry and other odds and ends around.

Shrek wants to make a beef curry bread pudding...I've been researching recipes.

Hmmmm. Short ribs? Really?

That's what I put in the crock-pot this morning. Browned 'em up nicely and seasoned them with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then sauteed some sliced onions, minced garlic and sliced fresh mushrooms in the same pan. Put that over the ribs. Then mixed some beef stock and some rosemary and thyme and added that to the other goodies. It's smellin' pretty good right now.

We'll have mashed potatoes, buttered baby peas, tea and finish off with homemade cookies for dessert.

Was going to make my 40 cloves of garlic short ribs, but didn't have enough garlic. I hate it when we have a garlic "crisis.":wacko:

"Melt in your mouth pork loin" courtesy Ol-Blue's recips. Mashed potatoes and with any luck corn. If no corn, peas.

Stuffed pork chops, with cranberry stuffing, and roasted cauliflower. Need something warming tonight.

roasted chicken quarters with traditional English accompaniments. That is, brussel sprouts, roast potatoes, braised celery and carrots, sage and onion stuffing, and bread sauce. Yum...can't wait!

Spaghetti with chopped clams and Italian sausage red sauce. Should probably dig up a vegetable too.

If I decide to cook I'll make grilled ham and Swiss sandwiches. If I decide I'm not cooking we'll order pizza.

I have a pot of split peas and ham hocks on the stove for soup tonight. I also add grated carrot, fine chopped onion and celery too. It sure is smelling good and since it's finally raining, it seemed the right thing to do.:mrgreen:

Karen (Medtran49) is making a new recipe, savory tart. The crust is fresh ground almonds, flour, fresh sage and fresh rosemary. Which is moistened with clarified butter and blind baked. The filling is red seedless grapes and red pearl onions, braised in balsamic vinegar (industrial) with bay leaf. This gets reduced until the balsamic is a syrup like glaze. The cooled tart shell is smeared with mild goat cheese, then a layer of arugula. The filling, at room temp is then added and spread.:yum:

Karen (Medtran49) is making a new recipe, savory tart. The crust is fresh ground almonds, flour, fresh sage and fresh rosemary. Which is moistened with clarified butter and blind baked. The filling is red seedless grapes and red pearl onions, braised in balsamic vinegar (industrial) with bay leaf. This gets reduced until the balsamic is a syrup like glaze. The cooled tart shell is smeared with mild goat cheese, then a layer of arugula. The filling, at room temp is then added and spread.:yum:

That sounds so interesting Craig, I bet it will be spectacular. By the way, I've "heard" Medtrain mention Craig and I wondered if her Craig was you. Glad you solved my mystery. ;)

Some of my onions, garlic and the fingerling potatoes are starting to show little sprouts, so we're trying to eat them up. I have a bone-in pork roast slathered with a paste of garlic, olive oil, rosemary, fennel seed and S&P all ready to go in the oven. With it will be roasted fingerlings, red onion and fennel bulb and a green salad. If I get motivated I'll caramelize an onion and toss in sliced apples until they're soft to go with the pork.

Stirling didn't fall asleep at all last night. So, his tummy is a little delicate. I made linguine Alfredo, using the classic, no cream recipe. It was good, but I don't think there was enough Parmigiana Reggiano. The recipe says 2/3 of a cup, but maybe it was too light and fluffy - it was freshly grated from a fairly fresh chunk of cheese. I want to figure out how much cheese by weight. I made another oops. I unintentionally put twice as much butter as the recipe called for. :pig: 1 cup is 8 ounces, not 8 tablespoons (it's 16 tblsps). It still tasted good, especially with some more cheese. I made a salad and ranch style dressing too.

Stuffed pork chops, with cranberry stuffing, and roasted cauliflower. Need something warming tonight.

Here is dinner....

ForumRunner_20140126_194456.jpg

ForumRunner_20140126_194510.jpg

Our friends did a dinner cookout for us as we were exhausted from a long day of travel. We had brats, kielbasa links, burgers, potato salad and chocolate cake and coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom