What's for supper Saturday March 12th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corned Beef Dinner

I'll be working on St. patrick's Day, so I made my dinner tonight. Besides, I made the mistake to go shopping after the gym this morning and they had samples in the store. I made Shrek promise to not ever let me shop after the gym, on a Saturday, at The Good Food Store.

I tried an all new, for me, way to cook this meal. There is Corned Beef cooked in Irish Stout with onions and carrots. I made Champ, a mashed potato dish and I sauteed shredded cabbage in unsalted butter.

I served it on my plates that came from Ireland.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
I'll be working on St. patrick's Day, so I made my dinner tonight. Besides, I made the mistake to go shopping after the gym this morning and they had samples in the store. I made Shrek promise to not ever let me shop after the gym, on a Saturday, at The Good Food Store.

I tried an all new, for me, way to cook this meal. There is Corned Beef cooked in Irish Stout with onions and carrots. I made Champ, a mashed potato dish and I sauteed shredded cabbage in unsalted butter.

I served it on my plates that came from Ireland.:rolleyes:

Looks really yummy Fi!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Broiled Salmon fillets with a Dijon mustard/smoked paprika/smoked black pepper/chili powder/dried herbs/ lemon juice, etc., sauce. Brown rice and steamed asparagus on the side.

That looks very tasty, PF.
What is Champ? I'm a big fan of mashed potatoes.

Nice and meaty. Is there a way to make it less salty, like perhaps boiling it first? :ermm:

I was hoping the stout would work, I did cook it in the pressure cooker and rinsed it first.

I should have soaked it in cold water first for a couple of hours. I'm going to do that with the corned beef that are waiting for me in the fridge.:LOL:

While it's on sale I buy it up as much as I can.;)

Back
Top Bottom