"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

busy sewing, making great grand daughter a wicked witch cape. so it will be catch as catch can. maybe pb and j.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBob View Post
this is a cook ahead Sunday.
I have pizza dough rising, Marinara sauce simmering for Pepperoni Rolls. Cilantro Lime Rice cooling to go into Burritos. I also have some chicken tenderloins, ground pork and ground beef that I need to repackage and freeze. I may even do something with some of that.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
If i get out to the store it will be pork roast with sauerkraut, potatoes and a carrots, it not it will be pierogie, kielbasa and cabbage.
We had pierogie, kielbasa and steamed cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
Head Chef

After diving back and bad weather I decided to order a pizza. Pizza Hut is running a $10 special.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplantop View Post
After diving back and bad weather I decided to order a pizza. Pizza Hut is running a $10 special.
I have thought about doing this!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #16
Master Chef

Fried chicken, steamed mixed veggies, mashed taters (with butter, sour cream and chives) and gravy.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Fried chicken, steamed mixed veggies, mashed taters (with butter, sour cream and chives) and gravy.

Sure looks good! How do you do your fried chicken? Is it your own recipe or another?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #18
Master Chef

This was our pork roast dinner.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #19
Master Chef

Almost 2 AM and thanks to you, VB, I now have a taste for pork roast. The potatoes (Yukon gold?) look good ; did you roast them with the pork?

I used part of the 8 quarts of spaghetti sauce I made during the past week and we did spaghetti with salad....and two bottles of wine for four of us. FWIW the "Two Buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's tasted better than the $15.00 bottle of Portuguese red table wine. Well it tasted much better at the wine store. BIL & DH went to a movie today and they picked a cherry pie up on the way home...now I want to make a from-scratch pie. I'll freeze some of the sauce and use the rest to assemble a few pans of lasagna for the freezer now...and our tummies later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBob View Post
My freezer was getting empty, so this is a cook ahead Sunday.

Bean soup is cooking in a 6 quart slow cooker. Corned Beef for sandwiches is cooking in a 4 quart slow cooker. Beef stew is simmering on the stove.

Supper will be a glass of wine, mini French bread loaf and a taste of everything else.
Welcome, KBob! I missed a fellow Buckeye when you first signed up (DH and I are living in exile at the moment ). I must say I like your first choice of nourishment for dinner tonight...wine!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:36 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Almost 2 AM and thanks to you, VB, I now have a taste for pork roast. The potatoes (Yukon gold?) look good ; did you roast them with the pork?

I used part of the 8 quarts of spaghetti sauce I made during the past week and we did spaghetti with salad....and two bottles of wine for four of us. FWIW the "Two Buck Chuck" from Trader Joe's tasted better than the $15.00 bottle of Portuguese red table wine. Well it tasted much better at the wine store. BIL & DH went to a movie today and they picked a cherry pie up on the way home...now I want to make a from-scratch pie. I'll freeze some of the sauce and use the rest to assemble a few pans of lasagna for the freezer now...and our tummies later.
The pork roast and yukon gold potatoes were done in the crock-pot.

The last pie I made was a blueberry pie.... that was ages ago.

Now, if I made a pie, I would have to eat it myself or not use sugar. My SO was diagnosed with Diabetes not too long after.