What's for Supper, Thursday, 12-17-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flat iron steak fajitas, Pedro's refried beans, Larry's Mexican rice.
Beer. Diet Coke for the lady.

Something with french fries. I love it when I come up with the side dish before the main. We had sloppy Joes for lunch so burgers and dogs are out. Don't have any steak right now.....have to work on it.

I made a trip to the Armenian ethnic markets to pick up some stuff for the holidays for my daughters and myself. SO and I are going to have soup and lamejun for dinner tonight.

For those who don't know, lamejun are thin circles of dough about 9" in diameter covered with a highly seasoned ground beef mixture (used to be lamb in the old days) that are oven baked and served hot.

I buy the lamejun and make the soup my mom used to make.

A simple chicken stir fry with bell peppers. Oil, corn starch, white pepper, soy sauce. Rice from our wonderful and awesome zojirushi rice maker. No big deal.

For dinner I used leftovers. I stir fried two bell pepper halves that I diced, one red and one green; I diced and stir fried two medium-small Yukon Gold potatoes; I stir fried diced pork roast, and used the leftover oil to make a roux, and then turned that into a gravy.

- Peppers, Potatoes, Pork and southern-style gravy! - :chef:

Thanks to a little help from Alix, I have decided on cornflake chicken and french fries. No, here's hoping DH will be home from his meeting in time.

creamed chix/biscuits for jake, mine on bread. too pimento-ey for both of us- (he cooked that canned kind) peas, cheddar smashed potatoes.

I sous-vide'd a 2 1/2" thick chuck steak since Wed. at 4pm with Worcestershire sauce and my homemade steak seasoning. I cooked it in a HOT cast iron skillet for 4 minutes per side and let rest for 15 minutes while I cooked some Brussels sprouts and corn. That chuck was as tender as fillet, was medium rare from end to end and side to side and tasted great:chef:

Veggie Curry Burger
dsc_0003.jpg

Homemade sub gum chicken chow mein and homemade fried rice.

img_866742_0_26dee9e68f05b0887d76a80c8ece3715.jpg

img_866742_1_86fa9a3ef430dbcb0af2bdf01a018239.jpg

img_866742_2_c49a2427e6983e8e4a9710b187bb070d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom