What's for Supper, Thursday, January 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a common theme, VB. I have the roast (finally, I took it out last night) thawing in the refrigerator and I plan a traditional "Sunday Dinner" as my DH goes back to work tomorrow so this is, basically, his Sunday.

Roast with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions, gravy. I may do yorkshires for Dad and I but DH can't eat them so I may do biscuits because I have some gluten free mix ready to go for his. I will also serve the rest of last night's salad, topped up with some more tomatoes and cucumbers.

We have a common theme, VB. I have the roast (finally, I took it out last night) thawing in the refrigerator and I plan a traditional "Sunday Dinner" as my DH goes back to work tomorrow so this is, basically, his Sunday.

Roast with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions, gravy. I may do yorkshires for Dad and I but DH can't eat them so I may do biscuits because I have some gluten free mix ready to go for his. I will also serve the rest of last night's salad, topped up with some more tomatoes and cucumbers.
Sounds good! :)

I was going to make potatoes last night, but we have had them a lot lately in some form or another. I think I'm just going to heat up the leftover roast (1/2 left) and have the same thing as last night. I might change the vegie.. not sure yet.

After two nights of cooking special meals (wed- shrimp Tikka masala...Tues- chicken with fantastic Boulangere potatoes) I'm just doing chili dogs with onion rigs, fried mushrooms and fried pickles

turkey gravy (instead of hamburg) not sure if I'll do home made biscuits or egg noodles....

corncakes with corn and bacon ...................... maybe or bacon, eggs, potatoes and biscuits. not sure yet.

Well, plans changed. DH got called into work so I have this big roast thawed and only Dad and I - both small eaters at best. So I am going to do the roast for tomorrow's lunch....I always do our bigger meal then when DH works.

No idea what tonight will be.

i have thawed out the ham left from Christmas. gonna make a side dish for alfredo and chop some ham up in it. veg. don't know what. might make some corn muffins to have with honey.

still raining hard. made fudge earlier for the del. man for my pharmacy. was to sick to do at Christmas, he loves it.

Are you still not feeling well? You need to get some food into to get your strength back. I wish I could bring you over some of my chicken soup and a bunch of food for your family so you can rest! Take care my friend!

Actually I'm feeling better as far as my cold and congestion, just feeling blue today.

Dinner was breakfast. Corncakes with corn and bacon added to batter topped with syrup, sour cream and strawberry preserves.

img_872791_0_9630bed093ab99ab1450280daa276bb8.jpg

Dad had one of the pot roast TV dinners I made for when we are not home and he just has to microwave it, and I had Taquitos and sour cream. His was homemade, mine wasn't :( But it was good anyway!

i have thawed out the ham left from Christmas. gonna make a side dish for alfredo and chop some ham up in it. veg. don't know what. might make some corn muffins to have with honey.

still raining hard. made fudge earlier for the del. man for my pharmacy. was to sick to do at Christmas, he loves it.

got a look at the carbs in alfredo and passed. grilled ham and pepper jack cheese on russet potato bread-fritos.

Back
Top Bottom