What's for Supper, Wednesday, 1-27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a new recipe I'm trying tonight.
First a marinade is made by heating water, lemon juice, dry onion soup, dry tomato soup, and mustard to a boil. The hotdogs are marinaded for about 30 minutes then removed and cooked on a grill or under the broiler. The left over marinade is heated and thickened with flour and then spooned over the hotdogs that are served on french rolls, then topped with parmesan cheese.
Just gonna quote myself.

I just finished eating and the french hotdogs were delicious. Will definitely make again.

Since our kitchen is still in a mess....ceiling is painted but the walls are in the midst of the cleaning, filling, sanding process....plus the fact that our one dog is at the vet getting x-rays for possible arthritis and we have to pick her up around 4:30, I have a feeling it will be takeout of some kind that we will pick up on the way home.

Everyone else's meals sound so good that I was kinda hoping for an invite! ;)

The last pork tenderloin, potatoes, caesar salad and probably corn.

Last edited:
I finally made the beef and broccoli stir fry. Beef, broccoli, onion, carrots, green peppers, and garlic. For the sauce I used a ramen noolde packet, water, soy sauce, and grated orange peel.

Your thread title made me think about it, thanks!

I have roast chicken in the fridge, but I don't think I want it again tonight.

Pasta of some kind. Maybe Aglio/Olio and lots of freshly grated Parm. and a veggie.

Thanks for waking me up! :)

I am making Roasted Chicken Soup. I found the recipe on the net. I modified it some as I didn't have leftover roasted chicken. If you are intrested I will post.

My comfort food for my poor tummy - Pastina and eggs

img_874208_0_f4449b43847a35e394c1d4b86a51b50b.jpg

Whats up with your tummy msmofet? Want me to send some peppermint tea your way?
i would love some peppermint tea alix!! the last time it hurt like this (pain from my stomach to my back) it was a kidney stone.

Wed. night dinner

CI grilled pork chops oven broiled
When it is to cold and rainy to be out with the BBQ this comes in a close second IMHO.

msmofet I think I'll try it stove top my wife likes them more done than I do. Dah of course I could just take mine out a few minutes sooner.

Dinner was a spinach salad with camelized pecans crumbled blue cheese and mung bean sprouts, porkchops, baked potato and basil sorbet for dessert

i would love some peppermint tea alix!! the last time it hurt like this (pain from my stomach to my back) it was a kidney stone.
I feel your pain--literally. Fortunately I haven't had a bad kidney stone episode in a year or so.

We had roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas. Watergate Salad for dessert.

:)Barbara

Hope you feel better real soon, msmofet!:)

I feel your pain--literally. Fortunately I haven't had a bad kidney stone episode in a year or so.

We had roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas. Watergate Salad for dessert.

:)Barbara

msmofet sweetie, I hope you feel better soon! We always have peppermint tea.
thank you everyone!! i still have a bit of pain in tummy and right side of back. i have never had peppermint tea from the store. when i was a kid my mom grew mint (peppermint and spearmint) she would put the mint in with fresh brewed regular tea and sugar.

CI grilled pork chops oven broiled
When it is to cold and rainy to be out with the BBQ this comes in a close second IMHO.

msmofet I think I'll try it stove top my wife likes them more done than I do. Dah of course I could just take mine out a few minutes sooner.

Dinner was a spinach salad with camelized pecans crumbled blue cheese and mung bean sprouts, porkchops, baked potato and basil sorbet for dessert

did you do them on the stovetop? how did they turn out?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom