What's for Supper, Wednesday, 1-27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we are having a vegetarian over for dinner tonight and dh tolerates meat really well, so am thinking of individual omelets, the NY Times bread and maye a baked sweet potato......yesterday a friend brought over 5 quarts of fresh milk and 1 1/2 quart of cream so I made a chocolate pudding last night...so that is dessert..

mmmmmm Pasta Fagioli with warm Italian bread.....popping ingredients in the slow cooker......How much easier can it be? and....will certainly take the chill off tonight.

we are having a vegetarian over for dinner tonight and dh tolerates meat really well, so am thinking of individual omelets, the NY Times bread and maye a baked sweet potato......yesterday a friend brought over 5 quarts of fresh milk and 1 1/2 quart of cream so I made a chocolate pudding last night...so that is dessert..
I want your dinner...especially the homemade chocolate pudding!

Roast chicken, mixed up noodles, sauteed mushrooms and peas in butter,French bread..Dessert not sure yet.
kadesma;)

bethzaring said:
yesterday a friend brought over 5 quarts of fresh milk and 1 1/2 quart of cream so I made a chocolate pudding last night...so that is dessert..

Grilled Chicken Breast....
Tator Salad.....
Refrigerator Scraps......
And dessert at Beth's house!!!!!!!

Grilled Chicken Breast....
Tator Salad.....
Refrigerator Scraps......
And dessert at Beth's house!!!!!!!

hey UB, it get's better....I just made a custard with the milk and cream, and will make ICE CREAM tomorrow....I make a gallon of custard to use in my 1 1/2 quart ice cream maker:huh:...so I make three batches out of the original custard...two peppermint vanilla for dh's tummy and the other I add shredded dark chocolate for me!

I'm thinking ravioli with salads. DH teaches tonight so that meal I can make and keep warm easily for him when he gets home. Dessert definitely at Beth's if she'll share her ice cream!

kadesma, great minds cook alike! Roasted chicken (breasts) for us, too. Are you doing with veggies in the pan? I am...onion, LOTS of carrots (love them roasted) and celery. Pan of stuffing from my collection of bread ends with sauted mushrooms mixed in. Want to do something "different" with the brussel sprouts - could I season and oil and bake with the chicken? Will think on that one.

Beth, if you'll have enough, can I come for dessert too?:chef:

A chaud chien?;)

Ohhh... thanks, Alix! After looking it up;
According to Le Chien Chaud in Montreal, it's a

• French Dog
  • Imported dijon mustard, mushrooms sautéed in butter & Herbes de Provence, topped with creamy gruyere cheese.
  • french.png
Sounds good to me! :chef:

What's a French Hot Dog?

It's a new recipe I'm trying tonight.
First a marinade is made by heating water, lemon juice, dry onion soup, dry tomato soup, and mustard to a boil. The hotdogs are marinaded for about 30 minutes then removed and cooked on a grill or under the broiler. The left over marinade is heated and thickened with flour and then spooned over the hotdogs that are served on french rolls, then topped with parmesan cheese.

kadesma, great minds cook alike! Roasted chicken (breasts) for us, too. Are you doing with veggies in the pan? I am...onion, LOTS of carrots (love them roasted) and celery. Pan of stuffing from my collection of bread ends with sauted mushrooms mixed in. Want to do something "different" with the brussel sprouts - could I season and oil and bake with the chicken? Will think on that one.

Beth, if you'll have enough, can I come for dessert too?:chef:
CG, roasted sprouts are so good. I do them with evoo,salt and pepper..I don't let them get to done tho. I think they would be great in the same pan as the chicken. chicken drippings should taste wonderful. I'm just doing sauteed mushrooms and baby peas with salt,pepper and butter.
kades

Your thread title made me think about it, thanks!

I have roast chicken in the fridge, but I don't think I want it again tonight.

Pasta of some kind. Maybe Aglio/Olio and lots of freshly grated Parm. and a veggie.

Thanks for waking me up! :)

Back
Top Bottom