What's for Supper, Wednesday, October 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I have no idea. It's my birthday today, and it's supposed to be chilly and rainy. :cool: I'm thinking a pot pie of some sort would taste good!

What are you having at your dinner table?

Happy Birthday Vanilla Bean!
I don't know yet, something with chicken tenders. We are playing in an Irish tad session tonight at a local coffee shop, so something easy before we go.

happy birthday VB sweetie!!

img_856368_0_3ba45b8d5b43ddcbb0f88abab477596e.gif

leftover baked ziti for dinner.

Happy Birthday VB, I hope it is as wonderful as you are!

Today is meatloaf. I guess I was inspired by the meatloaf thread LOL! I will serve it with roasted potatoes, carrots and onions and a green salad.

We are still working on the mountain of desserts.

If you have too much leftover, Ms M, you can always FedEx it collect to me! ;)
LOL thank you lp!!

the family had seconds last night, snacks last night, they all had it for breakfast, younger dd took some for lunch. i had a very small portion for dinner last night thats it. there is enough for them to each have a serving for dinner and that will be the end of it. i think they like it or sumtin!!

i'm having a single serving frozen stouffer mac n cheese for dinner tonight and the last of the sausage bread (i had 2 slices of sauagse bread for breakfast and 2 slices for lunch).:LOL:

Gonna stuff some chicken breasts with a mushroom, cheese, garlic and leek mixture and bake them. Will be served up with stuffing, gravy and Smokey Bacon onion & pepper Lima Beans!

Due to the Maine lobster sale our local market has been running this week, I actually have - gasp - 2 boiled lobsters left over from last night's dinner. So will be picking the meat out of them shortly for some tasty "Lobster Rolls" for tonight.

Believe me, I wouldn't have any "leftover lobster" if the market wasn't selling them for $6.99/pound! At that price, I bought 4 of them, which, since they're small, came to just a little under $35.00. Figured it was worth it since where can you get two nights of lobster dinners for two for $35.00?

just put the chicken tenders in the oven with a sprinkling of s&p, poultry seasoning, and some dollops of leftover bacon grease. Cit up some winter squash, flavorsed about the same, but with the addition of dried onions, baking that, too. Have a packet of instant cheesey mashed potatoes for hubby, will probably do some peas... I am not feeling well this afternoon, fading fast. Lots of swine flu in town, hope I'm not getting it.

Oh goodness, dear. My fingers will be crossed for you that you feel better soon & just have some sort of short-term bug. If you were closer than a gazillion states away I'd be over with some soup!

Well, the meatloaf and roasted veggies were a hit. And as promised, Ms M, here are some pictures!

meatloaf091014b.jpg

meatloaf091014a.jpg

veggies091014a.jpg

Last edited:
just put the chicken tenders in the oven with a sprinkling of s&p, poultry seasoning, and some dollops of leftover bacon grease. Cit up some winter squash, flavorsed about the same, but with the addition of dried onions, baking that, too. Have a packet of instant cheesey mashed potatoes for hubby, will probably do some peas... I am not feeling well this afternoon, fading fast. Lots of swine flu in town, hope I'm not getting it.
I hope you didn't get sick!!! Your dinner sounded good!

Back
Top Bottom