What's for supper, Wednesday, October 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I am making Mark a meatball stroganoff kind of thing with a side of sliced beets and green beans.

I'm going to have the leftover tuna/noodle skillet.

What are you having?

Salmon salad patty melts on English Muffins, with chips and cucumber tomato "salad".

We are having cubed steak in the crock pot I heard they are not as tough and chewy this way (I don't think I will buy this kind again) also scampi shrimp, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. When I ask my DH what he wants for supper he often replies steak and shrimp. If I remember to take a picture I'll post it.

bevz.. check out Alton Brown's Chicken Fried Steak recipe at Food Network.
Don't have to follow it precisely, just the cooking method.....
You will have lovely, tender cubed steaks!

Grilled pork loin with a blackberry reduction. Don't know about sides yet. Salad + ??
Asparagus would be a good side.... I like to roast it with slices of assorted bell pepper in olive oil, garlic, salt-n-pepper. It's so simple, but delicious.

Green beans would also be a good side.... maybe toss in some crumbled bacon and sautéed
sweet onion.

coming back to add.... sweet potato fries or a sliced roasted red potato would also be great sides

Last edited:
Asparagus would be a good side.... I like to roast it with slices of assorted bell pepper in olive oil, garlic, salt-n-pepper. It's so simple, but delicious.

Green beans would also be a good side.... maybe toss in some crumbled bacon and sautéed
sweet onion.

coming back to add.... sweet potato fries or a sliced roasted red potato would also be great sides

Ooh those are some great ideas. I have some green beans to use up. I'm going to do that for sure. Only potatoes I have are some white ones. Maybe some rice as the starch? Or just the beans, salad and meat?

Ooh those are some great ideas. I have some green beans to use up. I'm going to do that for sure. Only potatoes I have are some white ones. Maybe some rice as the starch? Or just the beans, salad and meat?
Rice would be good, and I didn't even think of that. I don't know how you make your rice. I like to make mine into a pilaf. I bake it in the oven with finely chopped carrot, celery, a bit of onion and olive oil. Plain white/brown rice would be tasty too!

Your white potatoes could still be prepared the same way.

I woke up today with the craving(almost to the point of smelling) Pork Roast with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Since I don't have one thawed out, I guess I will have to settle with Bacon and Eggs. LOL

Dinner is in and hour and 15 minutes (just Dad and I tonight) and I do not have a clue. Been busy making cake decorations all day and I think the smell of sugar has zapped all my creative brain cells. :wacko:

May end up just being sausage rolls and salad.

bevz.. check out Alton Brown's Chicken Fried Steak recipe at Food Network.
Don't have to follow it precisely, just the cooking method.....
You will have lovely, tender cubed steaks!

I used the first half of the pack of meat and made chicken fried steak, I think what the problem was, the kind I bought was already tenderized and thin, but it should have been tenderized alittle more. Another thing I know is very wrong if you want good steaks do not cook while frozen, and mine were not quite thawed out.:glare:

Creamy lemon chicken tonight. It will keep well for Ken who is covering a hostage taking downtown and doesn't know when he will get home. Pray all goes well and everyone gets home safe tonight.

I wasn't going to cook today, but my daughter asked if she could bring a friend home to have dinner with us, so I fixed tacos with all the fixings since I had green salsa and mexican rice leftover from Monday.

baked potato w/ cheese a little garlic powder and chilli flake. I usually add brocolli but i ran out.

Dinner is in and hour and 15 minutes (just Dad and I tonight) and I do not have a clue. Been busy making cake decorations all day and I think the smell of sugar has zapped all my creative brain cells. :wacko:

May end up just being sausage rolls and salad.
nothing wrong with sausage rolls and a salad! In fact, that sounds very tasty! :chef: I hope you had a good night!

I woke up today with the craving(almost to the point of smelling) Pork Roast with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Since I don't have one thawed out, I guess I will have to settle with Bacon and Eggs. LOL
I actually thought about cereal for breakfast this morning and making eggs/bacon for dinner. I decided on the egg/bacon breakfast. Mark and I have had that many times for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom