What's for the table Mable? Thursday 2/23/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potato soup, as soon as James gets some more milk at the store (he drank a couple big glasses earlier today). :yum:

DH finally has a bit of appetite. Since we both have the dreaded lurgy, I just ordered an all dressed pizza from Gigi's. Pizza is comfort food to DH, especially when he isn't well. I may or may not eat only the toppings. I'll see how I feel. White flour crust isn't my favourite and it's high carb.

I haven't a clue. I got some very meaty turkey neck pieces today and have been simmering them all afternoon in the latest stock. I doubt I'll do anything with it tonight, it'll all be better tomorrow.

So, dinner may very will be just snacks. I've got pork rinds and ice cream sandwiches and beer.:chef::LOL:

I haven't a clue. I got some very meaty turkey neck pieces today and have been simmering them all afternoon in the latest stock. I doubt I'll do anything with it tonight, it'll all be better tomorrow.

So, dinner may very will be just snacks. I've got pork rinds and ice cream sandwiches and beer.:chef::lol:

See, it really is better to be an adult. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

The finished product! The recipe ended up being a little saltier than I would have liked, but it was good.

30377-albums858-picture4552.jpg

FrankZ said:
The finished product! The recipe ended up being a little saltier than I would have liked, but it was good.

It looks great, Frank!

We had hot dogs, with pineapple avocado salsa.

I'm unfamilar with this, FrankZ but it looks pretty cool! How does it work?

It works much like a slow cooker. Since it is made of pottery, it has to be seasoned, which is soaked in water, dried, oiled and baked. It is then able to be placed on a low heating source. I got a heat diffuser so it would cook more evenly on my stove top. Because of its shape, one needs very little liquid. As it cooks, the liquids/moisture condenses and constantly bastes the food.

Tonight, Frank made the lamb with preserved lemons and olives. It also had herbs and onions in it with a bit of olive oil. He found some lamb blade chops on sale, and used that for the meat. The lamb was extremely tender, moist and very flavorful. The onions cooked apart and thickened the liquid into a gravy texture. The lemons/olives were added toward the end.

I got the tagine because it intrigued me. Frank made fun of me for getting it, but was the first to use it. The dish was so delicious (served with couscous) and homemade bread. A bit too salty for us, but that is so fixable! :chef:

It works much like a slow cooker. Since it is made of pottery, it has to be seasoned, which is soaked in water, dried, oiled and baked. It is then able to be placed on a low heating source. I got a heat diffuser so it would cook more evenly on my stove top. Because of its shape, one needs very little liquid. As it cooks, the liquids/moisture condenses and constantly bastes the food.

Tonight, Frank made the lamb with preserved lemons and olives. It also had herbs and onions in it with a bit of olive oil. He found some lamb blade chops on sale, and used that for the meat. The lamb was extremely tender, moist and very flavorful. The onions cooked apart and thickened the liquid into a gravy texture. The lemons/olives were added toward the end.

I got the tagine because it intrigued me. Frank made fun of me for getting it, but was the first to use it. The dish was so delicious (served with couscous) and homemade bread. A bit too salty for us, but that is so fixable! :chef:

My mouth is just watering over this Kathleen!! I know where to get one of these, how bout a recipe?

We had huge killer bacon and cheese hamburgers tonight. They were obscene and I may never eat again. Yeah right.:angel:

I have been craving Chinese...so I stopped by and got take out. Veggie Egg Foo Yung with Fried Rice for Shrek and Teriyaki Grilled Chicken with Fried Rice and veggies for me.

The portions were so big I was able to create three more meals to take to work.

My mouth is just watering over this Kathleen!! I know where to get one of these, how bout a recipe?

I used a recipe that came with the tagine in the instruction book. You can find it here and is the Tagine of Lamb with Preserved Lemons and Olives. I opted for green olives.

In the end the preserved lemons and the olives added saltiness and it was a tad too salty for our tastes. To be fair we both like very very lightly salted.

Turkey meatballs with spinach and goat cheese pasta. Was a really big hit. Sorry no pictures - keep forgetting!

I used a recipe that came with the tagine in the instruction book. You can find it here and is the Tagine of Lamb with Preserved Lemons and Olives. I opted for green olives.

In the end the preserved lemons and the olives added saltiness and it was a tad too salty for our tastes. To be fair we both like very very lightly salted.
Frank, could you please provide a little more detail about the recipe? I'd like to try adapting it for preparation in our Roemertopf.

Back
Top Bottom