What's for the table Mable? Thursday 2/23/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frank, could you please provide a little more detail about the recipe? I'd like to try adapting it for preparation in our Roemertopf.

What would you like to know?

The tagine is meant for slow cooking, you use low heat through the entire process. The blade chops I used for lamb seemed to be a good choice as they need to cook slow to tenderize.

What would you like to know?

The tagine is meant for slow cooking, you use low heat through the entire process. The blade chops I used for lamb seemed to be a good choice as they need to cook slow to tenderize.
Thanks Frank. I finally realized that the olives were what I initially thought were large beans. Guess 1 cup of olives would tend to make things salty. It's gonna take some doing to get my wife to spring for the $7 per pound that lamb normally goes for around here.

The blade chops were on sale here at $3.99/lb so that helped.

I was looking for some leg of lamb but wanted enough to use for the recipe AND to grind 2lb for the freezer for gyro making at some point. The leg was $7.99/lb (boneless) and $6.99/lb (bone in) which just didn't make sense to me as Coscto will have it muchly cheaper.

Thanks Frank. I finally realized that the olives were what I initially thought were large beans. Guess 1 cup of olives would tend to make things salty. It's gonna take some doing to get my wife to spring for the $7 per pound that lamb normally goes for around here.

You can find similar recipes for the same dish made with chicken. I'll bet it is good too. :yum:

These cheesey rhyming "whats for dinner" threads are starting to get to me, do they always have to rhyme??

I had a shrimp stir fry tonight with fried shrimp (huge), with green, red and yellow peppers, white onion, orange peel, scallion and garlic, with a kung pao/sesame/chili oil sauce, topped with some fresh chopped cilantro.

Last edited:
My best friend's hubby made the most amazing Cornish game hens, quinoa, squash, and fresh salad for dinner...felt as if I were at the spa!

These cheesey rhyming "whats for dinner" threads are starting to get to me, do they always have to rhyme??...

That's up to the person starting the thread
The title comes out of that person's head
He may think it up while laying in bed
But once it's done it's counted as said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom