What's for the table Mable? Thursday 2/23/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had Spanish rice last night, but not with clams!

Tonight we're having chicken dinner pies that SO made. They're a favorite.

We had Spanish rice last night, but not with clams!

Tonight we're having chicken dinner pies that SO made. They're a favorite.
We make about 3 dozen clams of which I eat about 24. Then for desert (if I'm still hungry) I have some of the Spanish rice. I actually like the rice better when it's reheated the next day in a frying pan with some olive oil.

We make about 3 dozen clams of which I eat about 24. Then for desert (if I'm still hungry) I have some of the Spanish rice. I actually like the rice better when it's reheated the next day in a frying pan with some olive oil.

We have enough left over for another meal. I'll have to give some thought to what should go with it.

It's turkey day in our "rotation diet" :)

Lunch is smoked turkey and swiss sandwiches on squirrely flax bread with raw veggies.

Dinner is another new recipe. Turkey meatballs and pasta (radiatore I think) with a spinach ricotta sauce. I will try to make some rosemary garlic bread with the squirrely and see how it turns out. :)

Kathleen bought a cookable tagine:

Cookable_Tagine__4e692bf7e17ce.jpg

I seasoned it yesterday and will be making a tagine of lamb with preserved lemons and olives.

This should be an interesting experience. :cool:

The best I can describe (since I haven't used it yet) is it is a stove top crock pot... :LOL:

You are supposed to use low heat for cooking and it takes a while.

I will likely start a thread with pictures at some point.

The best I can describe (since I haven't used it yet) is it is a stove top crock pot... :LOL:

You are supposed to use low heat for cooking and it takes a while.

I will likely start a thread with pictures at some point.
Can't wait for the show.:w00t:

I will be having Rigatoni al Sausage Carbonara, made with some of the hot fennel sausage I made a while ago. Been craving this for some time.

Last edited:
Depends on what looks good & fresh at the market. Pasta alla Norma with grilled eggplant, fresh tomatoes & ricotta salada, & lemon garlic bread.

A Mexican style beef and rice dish, with chips and something for a starter.

I have a heck of a time finding the right thread for the day of the week. I'm just not a numerical thinker. LOL. Sure hope this is the right one for Thursday.

I'm doing a double shift today so they are fending for themselves at home. I left some frozen tortellini and some pork chops so they can choose.

I'll likely be having oatmeal for dinner. I brought some steel cut oats with me to work and haven't had a chance to cook them yet. I'm craving porridge and I'm hoping I'll get some soon.

It's leftovers here. DH is out of town. Have pork chops,burgers, mac'n'cheese, salad fixins and lasagna. We'll just heat up whatever.

i'm making sunday, umm, thursday gravy.

sausages, meatballs, and pork rib ends long simmered with onions and garlic in tomato sauce.

i'm on the final soak on a corned beef, then it'll get rubbed in spices and wrapped. i'm going to fire up the smoker tomorrow to make pastrami along with some turkey legs and thighs.

i'm on the final soak on a corned beef, then it'll get rubbed in spices and wrapped. i'm going to fire up the smoker tomorrow to make pastrami along with some turkey legs and thighs.

Ermm... what time was I supposed to be there tomorrow? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom