What's frying on Friday 9th March?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The plan was spaghetti with tri-color peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes. But SO isn't feeling well and is probably going to sleep so I may treat myself to a sea food dinner!!

I griddled some rockfish with a spice mix Kathleen bought for her tagine, served with sugar peas and couscous.

Attachments

• DSC00409.jpg
    DSC00409.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 155
I went over to the Florida west coast to sell my boat. Since Blue Crab is more available there, I picked up a dozen to steam tomorrow (Maryland Style). Tonight, ordered in bolis and calzone.

Pizza tonight. I tried recreating a pizza that I had at Via Napoli @ epcot, quattro fromaggi. It was fairly close in flavor. I roasted a bulb of garlic and mashed it in some olive oil, brushed the dough with that and added a mix of mozerella, provolone, fontina and parm.

SG1L0071.JPG

SG1L0072.JPG

Everyones meals look and sound FANTASTIC!! YUM

Our dinner was Fried chicken breast, microwave steamed fresh Brussels sprouts, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy.

img_1117666_0_067932c1da30bff35da9dfbd95ad3262.jpg

mofet, i am online using my phone so i can only see half of a web page at a time, and while scrolling down i saw the picture of your dinner without being able to see who posted it, but immediately i knew it was your cooking.
you always have dark rich gravy and such dark browned meats. i'd be 500 lbs. if i was your hubby. :yum:

i'm just picking up dinner now as i'm due in at work at 11. i never have time to eat before cub scout meetings as i'm so busy getting stuff ready.
tonight is souvlaki, steak fries, salad, and baklava from big nick's on 77th and broadway.

Last edited:
The plan was spaghetti with tri-color peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes. But SO isn't feeling well and is probably going to sleep so I may treat myself to a sea food dinner!!

So I treated myself to the broiled seafood dinner: scallops, shrimp, flounder, and crab imperial, green beans and fries on the side, and a cup of vegetable crab soup... Ooooh so good! :yum:

mofet, i am online using my phone so i can only see half of a web page at a time, and while scrolling down i saw the picture of your dinner without being able to see who posted it, but immediately i knew it was your cooking.
you always have dark rich gravy and such dark browned meats. i'd be 500 lbs. if i was your hubby. :yum:

i'm just picking up dinner now as i'm due in at work at 11. i never have time to eat before cub scout meetings as i'm so busy getting stuff ready.
tonight is souvlaki, steak fries, salad, and baklava from big nick's on 77th and broadway.
Thank you bucky. It was hubs bday and I he wanted this for dinner.

I have been craving baklava for years. I have no clue where to get any GOOD baklava. I don't want to pay for disappointing garbage and have no clue where a good Greek bakery is. Maybe you can clue me in to a decent baklava in the Hackensack/Rutherford area?

This was my rib eye steak with dan dan noodles from Jamie Olivers 30 minute meals book. I love that book, he comes up with some great ideas. :chef:

Attachments

• peu_20120310_18.jpg
    peu_20120310_18.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 164
please--i am delirious with desire and hunger for all of today's food pics--please guys, post yours in the member's food forum for further drools....(sigh)

Thank you bucky. It was hubs bday and I he wanted this for dinner.

I have been craving baklava for years. I have no clue where to get any GOOD baklava. I don't want to pay for disappointing garbage and have no clue where a good Greek bakery is. Maybe you can clue me in to a decent baklava in the Hackensack/Rutherford area?

i can't think of a good place for baklava in joisey. even big nick's is only average in comparison to my macedonian and turkish neighbors' homecooked versions.

but something similar, actually a but lighter, is the ekmek kataifi at the parkway diner on 46 in elmwood park, not far from pizzatowne. it's delucious, but call first because they don't always have it.

Back
Top Bottom