What's frying on Friday 9th March?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyjonny_uk

Senior Cook
Good evening, afternoon and morning to you all:)

What's ya plans for Friday? Nearly time for the weekend and time to chill so let's see what everyone has planned today:chef:

I already ate - Herb crusted roast beef with star anise and s&p, served with roasted potatoes and roasted carrots with balsamic and garlic.

Attachments

• Best.jpg
    Best.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Best1.jpg
    Best1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 180
Pistachio and cardamom pound cake with lemon icing for dinners. Screw being responsible, I'm sick.

Rats! It's too late to say, "Let's all go to Jonny's." Sure looks yummy.

I need to eat up whatever fresh produce is in the fridge so I can get a fresh supply tomorrow at the farm market (only open on Saturdays). There's spinach, a couple of small zucchinis, leaf lettuce, onion. It's no wonder your beef & potatoes look so inviting.

Pistachio and cardamom pound cake with lemon icing for dinners. Screw being responsible, I'm sick.

You deserve to do what you like then and I'm sure the pound cake will hit the spot and taste lovely, I could do with a slice now with my coffee;)

Rats! It's too late to say, "Let's all go to Jonny's." Sure looks yummy.

Still plenty left over and on my lonesome so could do with a party:chef:

I need to eat up whatever fresh produce is in the fridge so I can get a fresh supply tomorrow at the farm market (only open on Saturdays). There's spinach, a couple of small zucchinis, leaf lettuce, onion. It's no wonder your beef & potatoes look so inviting.

Hmmmmmm that's a tough one:( Pick up the phone Lizzie and get a take-away and make a little side salad or salsa to go with whatever you order and then you have used the last items in the fridge, saved on using too much energy and no doubt eaten something tasty from take-away place:) You think that's a good plan or no? Or, you need to start flying now because it's already 21.00:LOL:

Jonny that looks fab. I'm starvin.

I will be cooking up Jamie Olivers Ribeye Steak with dan dan noodles (from his 30 minute meals book).

rozz, cake sounds good to me!

I'm doing a salmon tonight. I've not decided on the marinade yet. I'll leave rice and a salad as well.

Jonny that looks fab. I'm starvin.

I will be cooking up Jamie Olivers Ribeye Steak with dan dan noodles (from his 30 minute meals book).

Thanks GQ:) It's 17.00 there so I'm sure you are hungry!! Get ya steak and noodles cooking and you'll be eating in 30 mins:) I love watching Jamie Oliver cooking, he is entertaining and so passionate about everything he does.

Oh and apologies folks if my beef looks overcooked but I'm still trying to educate myself with eating beef rare or at least medium rare and getting better but when I cook it at home I'm still not brave enough and cook it longer:) When I'm out in the restaurant I have started asking for it medium which is a huge progress from two years ago when I could only say well done!!(Please don't strike me:LOL:) I understand the reasoning but I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to rare meat and blood etc:blush:

Your beef looks marvelous, jonny!

I just put chicken breasts and veggies in the crockpot with water and seasonings. It's either going to be chicken-rice soup or chicken with veggies and rice on the side, making a gravy in a separate pan. At least it's in there.

Your beef looks marvelous, jonny!

Thanks VB:) I just know most people like to see a bit of pink but it still tasted moist and juicy and lots of flavour.

I just put chicken breasts and veggies in the crockpot with water and seasonings. It's either going to be chicken-rice soup or chicken with veggies and rice on the side, making a gravy in a separate pan. At least it's in there.

Either option sounds good to me and very warming dish for a cold day! Good to see you have made a start:)

Undecided. Might thaw a tri-tip and do something different with it, i.e. chimichurri sauce or (Mark Bittman's) Romesco sauce. Salad. Dessert to be determined.

we had ratatouille (minus the aubergine but plus butter beans) and neck of lamb slow cooked in red wine and rosemary.

1 child refused to eat it at all and the other sat and picked at it :mad:

I liked it and so did dh but I swear the longer I spend preparing a meal the less likely the little sods are to eat it (however at ikea the other night their meatballs and chips went down so fast they barely touched the sides) :censored:

Back
Top Bottom