What's Goin' On (Dinner-wise), 8/6/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheese gets eaten too fast in my house....it never gets a chance to turn green.
It still happens at my house on occasion. We eat so much cheese that we like to have a lot of it in the house.

I just looked in the fridge for cheese:

Gruyere
Gouda
cheddar
Jarlsberg
pecorino Romano
mozzarella
Parmesan
feta
Danish blue
and three chunks of something that Costco sells as a trio.

What, no Fontina taxy? It's (one of) my favorite! Although what you listed is a lot like what our full cheese drawer looks like most times. And they all all good! Well, except for the Bleu - that's ALL for Himself. ;)

What, no Fontina taxy? It's (one of) my favorite! Although what you listed is a lot like what our full cheese drawer looks like most times. And they all all good! Well, except for the Bleu - that's ALL for Himself. ;)
I don't think I have ever seen Fontina around here. We usually have some Friulano (Canadian made Montasio style cheese). The blue is used mostly in blue cheese dressing or otherwise as an ingredient. I'm not crazy about it straight. It's not bad with fruit.

Well taxy, I think I've never seen that Friulano around here. It might be available at the upscale cheese shop a couple of towns over, probably for $25+ a pound. Unfortunately, my budget isn't upscale. :ermm: Seriously, I'd hate to get a tiny piece to try and end up loving it! :LOL:

It still happens at my house on occasion. We eat so much cheese that we like to have a lot of it in the house.

I just looked in the fridge for cheese:

Gruyere
Gouda
cheddar
Jarlsberg
pecorino Romano
mozzarella
Parmesan
feta
Danish blue
and three chunks of something that Costco sells as a trio.

I love all those cheeses, but I can't buy them because I'm the only one who eats it. That is for family get-togethers when I have someone else here to enjoy it. I only buy Mozzarella and Swiss. And American for my husband. I also buy some shredded mexican blend for cooking and for on salads. For someone who loves food so much, I sure married the wrong guy! LOL

I love all those cheeses, but I can't buy them because I'm the only one who eats it. That is for family get-togethers when I have someone else here to enjoy it. I only buy Mozzarella and Swiss. And American for my husband. I also buy some shredded mexican blend for cooking and for on salads. For someone who loves food so much, I sure married the wrong guy! LOL
If you can get the brine to go with the feta, we have found that it stays good for a long time in an airtight container.

Back
Top Bottom