What's in the dish, Trish? 8/3/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made one of my fave salads this afternoon - black beans, fresh corn, and avocado, with a dressing of olive oil, fresh lime, cumin, and garlic.

I added some chopped jalapeno, red bell pepper, onion, tomato, and cilantro. It was so good on this hot, humid afternoon. :yum: And some leftover for tomorrow. :)

Cheryl, that looks amazing :)

I guess I was thinking choux pastry like cream puffs. I've never heard of this. It sounds tasty.

It's delicious! I use Rachael Ray's recipe, although I haven't served it in the avocado like she suggests. I love avocados but don't buy them often because I don't trust my ability to tell when they're ripe. Anyway:

Tilapia with Tomatillos and Avocado filled with Maque Choux

Even though the maque choux is a New Orleans dish, I usually serve it with Mexican, since it has those flavors. Now that I think about it, I haven't made the fish dish, either. When our tomatillos ripen, I might try it with some cod or rockfish.

jabbur said:
My Breville pie maker came today so guess what I'm making? I've got some leftover spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, cheese and pie crusts. That will be supper for us tonight.

Oh another one! Yea. So glad you are on board!

That looks so good!
thanx mate....dead easy too...score the chook,season with oil,salt & pepper 25 mins @ 220c,make the salad while the chooks cooking.bish bash bosh jobs a good 'un:yum:!wine is a beaut too.blanquette de limoux pre dates champagne by 150 years,is the best fizz going imo(them frenchies know a thing or two!) & at £10 a pop it's only 25% of the cost of what i would pay for even a "drinkable" bottle of champers from the supermercado tesconomo....happy daze!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom