What's in the dish, Trish? 8/3/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Plan is to grill ribeyes, corn on the cob, and peaches.

What are you planning?

Last edited:
We are having chicken pounded and then rubbed with herbed goat cheese, top that with a thin slice of ham, roll, dip in egg now put in buttered bread crumbs and brown and finish off in oven. buttered, egg noodles with parsley,grilled artichokes, sliced tomatoes,avocado with crisp crumbled bacon sprinkled over the top.If I can find what I want some Warm Italian bread and butter. Dessert is mixed white peaches and blackberries with whipped cream.
kades

We had a late lunch/early dinner because DH was meeting friends for golf at 5 p.m. I made a Japanese shrimp-cucumber-noodle salad with bean sprouts served over chopped romaine and garnished with homemade Szechuan pickled green beans. A/C went out earlier today. I'm ready for some ice cream now.

Frozen Pizza. Stop laughing...trying to get on the road here. Our hotel is 3hours away.

We are having chicken pounded and then rubbed with herbed goat cheese, top that with a thin slice of ham, roll, dip in egg now put in buttered bread crumbs and brown and finish off in oven. buttered, egg noodles with parsley,grilled artichokes, sliced tomatoes,avocado with crisp crumbled bacon sprinkled over the top.If I can find what I want some Warm Italian bread and butter. Dessert is mixed white peaches and blackberries with whipped cream.
kades

That really sounds amazing Kades :yum:

My Breville pie maker came today so guess what I'm making? I've got some leftover spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, cheese and pie crusts. That will be supper for us tonight.

We ate a late lunch on Cape Cod. I had a lobster roll plate and SO had a fried clam plate. We shared a side of onion rings. DELICIOUS!

I'll rummage around for something later on for dinner. SO has leftover fried clams and fries.

I was just thinking a few days ago that I wish I had a frozen pizza in the ... freezer :chef: I live so close to a Lttle Sneezers though, I've been amiss in my frozen pizza purchases.

Tonight I'm grilling some wings and making the fixings again for the tacos I had the other night. Leftover maque choux, too.

But my heart is in Cape Cod with Andy's earlier meal. Dang, I wish I hadn't read that :pig:

...But my heart is in Cape Cod with Andy's earlier meal. Dang, I wish I hadn't read that :pig:

Sorry, pal. It doesn't sound like you'll be suffering tonight.

BTW, I did wings on the grill (from frozen) last week and SO now likes them best that way (as compared to deep fried or baked).

Another hot day. Cleaning out the fridge

Seafood platter w/ (sea-pak) clam strips, butterflied fried shrimp, mango cole slaw, & french fries. (Wish I had some corn on the cob & watermelon. Maybe tomorrow) Chocolate brownie fudge something-or-other ice cream.

Tonight I'm grilling some wings and making the fixings again for the tacos I had the other night. Leftover maque choux, too.
What is maque choux? Some kind of pastry?

We had pork souvlaki done on the grill. I tossed a tender young zucchini on there too, cut in half lengthwise and sprinkled with EVOO and chile garlic stuff. I boiled some baby new potatoes, tossed with butter and chives, and we had a mimosa salad as well. There was a platter of veggies to nibble (pea pods, baby carrots and tiny cukes) and a fruit plate for dessert. As if that wasn't enough, we finished off with some dark velvet chocolate ice cream. Yum.

I guess I was thinking choux pastry like cream puffs. I've never heard of this. It sounds tasty.

I made one of my fave salads this afternoon - black beans, fresh corn, and avocado, with a dressing of olive oil, fresh lime, cumin, and garlic.

I added some chopped jalapeno, red bell pepper, onion, tomato, and cilantro. It was so good on this hot, humid afternoon. :yum: And some leftover for tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom