What's in the dish, Trish? 8/3/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
And their cousin Fly Pie.

:ROFLMAO:

As Pac stated earlier, I too wish I hadn't read Andy's post. Lobster roll and fried clams, sigh.

Ribeye steaks were awesome, BTW.

Last edited:
I should probably figure out something to eat. I had a chicken wing and two pieces of rye crispbread, and 3 Margueritas. Hick.

We got another Costco rotisserie chicken. In this heat it is nice to have a hot meal you haven't cooked and I can use the rest of it for countless other things!

Today's sides were fresh from the farmer's market tomatoes and cucumbers, new potato salad and the very last of the broccoli salad.

Dessert will probably be local strawberries and ice cream! :pig:

Got home from the farm and had to start off-loading the produce...I picked 5 ears of corn (it is just starting) and ate three topped with the Swiss Chard pesto from yesterday. I didn't take pics of the corn on my plate, but I did take these pics:

Attachments

• August 3 garden 008.jpg
    August 3 garden 008.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 142
  • August 3 garden 019.jpg
    August 3 garden 019.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 164
very nice looking salad, cheryl, and nice ears, cws.

everyone else's dinner sounds great.

dw made kielbasi and kraut with baked spuds.

and now i'm thinking about what i want for my overnight dinner/breakfast. either a hot open turkey platter, a lumberjack platter (3 eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, home fries, and toast), or the irish breakfast platter (2 eggs, black and white puddings, home fries, a baked tomato, toast, and batchelor beans).

Last edited:
Thanks, BT. I'm somewhat addicted to fresh sweet corn...we planted a different bi-color variety this year. This is the earliest we've had corn. The cobs are a decent size and the kernel set is very nice. I pushed it a bit--the cobs probably could use another 3-4 days...we have 4 rows that are 100 ft long planted. We have two other varieties planted, but this one is very nice, and I'm sure the others will be nice as well.

We got home late after a day at the doctor's, pharmacy, and running errands, so frozen pizza for us. We can't eat the outside crust, but we can have all the toppings we want, so it works out. :cool:

Last edited:
Got home from the farm and had to start off-loading the produce...I picked 5 ears of corn (it is just starting) and ate three topped with the Swiss Chard pesto from yesterday. I didn't take pics of the corn on my plate, but I did take these pics:

They look great CWS :)

ooh la la cws loving that corn:yum:!

Another hot day. Cleaning out the fridge

Seafood platter w/ (sea-pak) clam strips, butterflied fried shrimp, mango cole slaw, & french fries. (Wish I had some corn on the cob & watermelon. Maybe tomorrow) Chocolate brownie fudge something-or-other ice cream.
sounds fab C.....a little frozen grey goose as well,by any chance?

homemade pizza
with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and bacon

one is with tomato and basil sauce for a base
and the second pan is with olive tapenade for a base

very nice looking salad, cheryl, and nice ears, cws.

everyone else's dinner sounds great.

dw made kielbasi and kraut with baked spuds.

and now i'm thinking about what i want for my overnight dinner/breakfast. either a hot open turkey platter, a lumberjack platter (3 eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, home fries, and toast), or the irish breakfast platter (2 eggs, black and white puddings, home fries, a baked tomato, toast, and batchelor beans).
have all three....oy,you're a growing boy already

I made one of my fave salads this afternoon - black beans, fresh corn, and avocado, with a dressing of olive oil, fresh lime, cumin, and garlic.

I added some chopped jalapeno, red bell pepper, onion, tomato, and cilantro. It was so good on this hot, humid afternoon. :yum: And some leftover for tomorrow. :)
fab C....posted a bit more blurb in my reply to your pic in food photo's:chef:

went out last night so just a quick,simple meal...roast supreme of chicken. romaine,avocado,tomato & sweet shallot salad with caesar dressing.ice cold blanquette de limoux

Attachments

• CHICKEN SUPREME & SALAD001.JPG
    CHICKEN SUPREME & SALAD001.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom