"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

What's in the pan, Jan? Dinner Sat., 4/12/14

It's in the low 70s and sunny now, so I think a cool dinner is in order I'm going to make potato salad, chicken salad and green salad. Time to get a move on!

What are you having?

Old 04-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

We were going out, but TB is once again not feeling well so it is chicken soup at home. I have been out a lot this week so spending some time here together is nice.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

My dinner will be going on the grill, Gil.

I went to the store for the $3/lb bacon and picked up some $1.98/bunch asparagus while I was at it. They go so well together
I had wanted wings... even picked up the crumbled blue cheese for the hot sauce I was going to brush them with, but they still don't have any wings in stock. They did have some nicely marbled small rib roasts for $6.99/lb, so I bought a few and cut one into steaks.
A little grilled bread brushed with EVOO, then rubbed with fresh garlic when it's done and I'm good to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steak, bacon, asparagus, bread.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	21085  
Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I'll be grilling some Chinese sausages (pork sausage flavored like Chinese restaurant BBQ spare ribs). Sesame noodles seem like a natural along side so I made that just a little while ago.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
Master Chef

Himself will be grilling tube steaks. Having that with canned baked beans and potato salad. That's if I get the salad done - still have a window to go just in the upstairs front. I'm soooo slow today.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
Executive Chef

On my way out to play a gig, so I just nuked up so leftover Biryani. But, I did make a pot of meat sauce for company that is arriving soon. They will be having spaghetti and I should be gone by that time...
Old 04-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #7
Sous Chef

We went to the park this afternoon with PAG and her husband. They grilled up the chicken they brought and the asparagus I brought on their mini charcoal grill. They also brought foccacia, mango-habanero cheese and potato salad. It made for the perfect first outdoor meal of the year. We ate around 3ish so the girls and I are just having a light snack before they go to bed (DH is at work).
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Dinners a stack, Jack. Stacked enchiladas...corn tortillas layered with my canned roasted tomatillo salsa verde, Monterey Jack cheese, some chopped sweet onions and a bit of leftover shredded chicken.

I had to google tube steaks, a new term to me. Interesting results, lol.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookbrat View Post
I had to google tube steaks, a new term to me. Interesting results, lol.
You're a brave one. When I was in high school the term did not refer to any type of food. It took me off guard. I guessed that here it was a silly term for hot dogs. I didn't have the guts to Google it!
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #10
Master Chef

I think CG was referring to a hot dog, too - I'm not gonna google it, either! For a minute there I was back in high school.
------------------
Tonight's dinner was just scrambled eggs and toast. Still not feeling that great, and I sure am looking forward to a real dinner. Maybe tomorrow.

Tags
dinner