What's in the pan, Stan? 08/04/2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Cerise, that burger platter looks delicious. I wish we had that franchise in my neck of the woods.

This was my dinner.

Attachments

• steak dinner.jpg
    steak dinner.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 143
  • salad.jpg
    salad.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 140
Thanks Harry.
And your salad the other night (with the roast chicken) was my inspiration to jazz up my salad a little.

Pac--the channeling didn't work--we didn't get around to the wings. We had a lazy day and weren't terribly hungry because of the heat. But, I do have to do the wings. They are marinating...if not tonight, tomorrow.

Hmmm...I do my do in my bread maker. I don't have that problem. Can you
PM me your recipe so I can try it in the bread machine and see what it is like? I promise I will not alter a thing!
Well, I got overly ambitious on some other projects yesterday, and ended up not having enough time to make pitas. So I bought some at the store.

I see you made hummus. I made baba ganoush from some of the eggplants I picked up at the farmers market. Baba ganoush is another one of those things I could eat out of the bowl all by itself. Even my sis-in-law, who was at the house and swears she hates eggplants, didn't let her hatred of the things stop her from consuming a healthy portion of it. I finally had wrestle it away from her so there would be some left for the party. :rolleyes:

Hummus and pitas are two things I make quite often--something I make when I can't think of anything else to make for a starter. Sadly, our eggplant did not survive the drought...there are three plants left (out of 20+) so I won't be eating a lot of baba ganoush this August--unless I can find some at the farmer's market...I too love baba ganoush.

Hummus and pitas are two things I make quite often--something I make when I can't think of anything else to make for a starter. Sadly, our eggplant did not survive the drought...there are three plants left (out of 20+) so I won't be eating a lot of baba ganoush this August--unless I can find some at the farmer's market...I too love baba ganoush.
I love, and make, both hummus and baba ganoush. But, I have never made pita. Is it anything like making chapati? Would you mind posting a recipe for pita?

I love, and make, both hummus and baba ganoush. But, I have never made pita. Is it anything like making chapati? Would you mind posting a recipe for pita?
TL-I use the bread machine to make the dough. You roll the dough out after it rises, let them rise about 20 minutes, and bake in the oven (425-450) for 4-5 minutes. I usually bake on a cookie sheet (ungreased) at 425. I posted the recipe I used yesterday under the What are you baking thread. The only thing different re: making pita and making bread is adding oil, oh, and I usually add some pepper. They puff up and make the air pocket thanks to the hot oven. To soften them, I put them in a brown paper bag (I use an alligator clip to close). Easy peasy.

TL-I use the bread machine to make the dough. You roll the dough out after it rises, let them rise about 20 minutes, and bake in the oven (425-450) for 4-5 minutes. I usually bake on a cookie sheet (ungreased) at 425. I posted the recipe I used yesterday under the What are you baking thread. The only thing different re: making pita and making bread is adding oil, oh, and I usually add some pepper. They puff up and make the air pocket thanks to the hot oven. To soften them, I put them in a brown paper bag (I use an alligator clip to close). Easy peasy.
I copied and pasted your recipe. But, it uses the oven. I'm not turning on my oven in this weather. :ohmy:

I wasn't feeling well last night, so DH made me a toasted English muffin and a scrambled egg. He had a Domino's artisan pizza with spinach and feta. Pretty good for a chain (I had a couple bites last time he ordered it).

I copied and pasted your recipe. But, it uses the oven. I'm not turning on my oven in this weather. :ohmy:
I'm thinking one could do them on the grill outside with the lid down...Because of the short baking time, the oven is only on for about 15 minutes, 20 tops. I do them with the AC on:yum:.

I'm thinking one could do them on the grill outside with the lid down...Because of the short baking time, the oven is only on for about 15 minutes, 20 tops. I do them with the AC on:yum:.
No grill with lid, just a hibachi.

I think I will try making chapati. I found this video that looks easier than what I have done in the past:
Chapati with Garlic (HD) - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom