What's in the pan, Stan? April 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Market had nice large shrimp on sale, so picked up 1-1/2 pounds & sauteed them up in extra-virgin olive oil with lots of garlic, chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, lemon juice, & a splash of Pinot Grigio. Served on a bed of linguini along with garlic bread & a big green salad (organic baby lettuce mix courtesy of our local farmers market).

Help me out here. In my mind a 'pork ribeye steak' would be a boneless rib chop.

Looked like a boneless rib chop plus some of the darker rib meat still attached. Not sure if the name is proper but that is how they were selling it at our market. Ends up being a little larger than a chop with more marbling. They were fantastic off the smoker....tender and juicy.

Attachments

• pribeye.jpg
    pribeye.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 43
Ykies!!:ohmy: Please tell me the guinea are as in hens and not pigs. :huh:

lol, k-l, i wondered the same thing at first since there's a large south american community in the area. but i'm sure they meant hens.

although, i would try a fire roasted cuyo if given the chance. :pig:

4me and whiska, i'll meet you at the polleria! oh, my house is for sale, btw. (hint, hint...) :)

Looked like a boneless rib chop plus some of the darker rib meat still attached. Not sure if the name is proper but that is how they were selling it at our market. Ends up being a little larger than a chop with more marbling. They were fantastic off the smoker....tender and juicy.

According to the picture, they should have called them "Pork porterhouse steaks". ;) They are really outstanding!

Here are the two main chop cuts from the loin area of the pig:

The first includes two muscles, the larger muscle, equivalent to the sirloin strip in beef, and the smaller muscle equivalent to the tenderloin. They are separated in this cut by a "T" shaped bone. With beef, this would be categorized as a T-Bone or Porterhouse based on how big the tenderloin piece is. With pork, it's a loin chop.

The second picture is of a rib chop. This chop is cut from the loin nearer to the front of the animal where the tenderloin does not reach. It includes one muscle equivalent to a sirloin strip in beef.

Attachments

• loincentercutporkchop.jpg
    loincentercutporkchop.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 149
  • porkribcentercutchop.jpg
    porkribcentercutchop.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 278
Back
Top Bottom