What's in the pan, Stan? April 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Had a hankering for mushroom soup, used dried Hen of the Woods, canned stems and pieces, leftover frozen wild rice, and green onions, along with other stuff. Turned out pretty good!

What are you eating tonight?

I'm working on cleaning out the freezer, combining a couple of things, making a meaty stew. It won't have a name, but it's tasting pretty good so far.

Fish tacos. I diced up some pineapple and will add whatever ingredients that are in the crisper and are choppable for a fresh salsa and Taco Toppers. Using some smoked lake trout I picked up at the farmer’s market yesterday.
I’m going to open a can of pintos and mash them with some spices and what-all for a refried bean dip too. Besides, you gotta have an extra handful of tortilla chips to scoop up all the things that fall off the tacos onto your plate. No Cerveza and No Limes in the house. But I have lemons, and we know how that saying goes…
Look out for me and my cleaver in one hand and the potato masher in the other.

Sea bass tonight. I'll do it with garlic butter and a smidge of lemon. We have a killer coleslaw ready to go, and I'll stir fry some veggies on the side. We're all full of hummus at the moment so dinner is going to be late tonight.

dw took my boy out today so i could get some yardwork done, so i'm treating myself to takeout portugese.

shrimp in garlic sauce, grilled pork chops, rice, beans, and homemade papas fritas. i'm on my way to get it now. i should get 2 meals out of it plus sides for a third. not bad for $25.

the best part is that i just found out a polleria just opened up next to it. they sell live or freshly butchered gallina, conejo, pavo, pato, guinea, and pollo, of course.

mmm, i'll be back for really fresh rabbit, turkey, and duck. you can pick out the ones you want from cages, and they'll deliver the skinnned/plucked and cleaned beasts to your door.

dw took my boy out today so i could get some yardwork done, so i'm treating myself to takeout portugese.

shrimp in garlic sauce, grilled pork chops, rice, beans, and homemade papas fritas. i'm on my way to get it now. i should get 2 meals out of it plus sides for a third. not bad for $25.

the best part is that i just found out a polleria just opened up next to it. they sell live or freshly butchered gallina, conejo, pavo, pato, guinea, and pollo, of course.

mmm, i'll be back for really fresh rabbit, turkey, and duck. you can pick out the ones you want from cages, and they'll deliver the skinnned/plucked and cleaned beasts to your door.

BRB... Movin' to joisey!

Ykies!!:ohmy: Please tell me the guinea are as in hens and not pigs. :huh:

Me - probably not much (throat acting up again so mostly thick fluids, puddings, etc)
DH - the ribs I have been slow baking in my Jack Daniels sauce all afternoon. It was a request of his. Sides will be a baked potato and snap peas.

I've been reading this thread and never posted!

I made shrimp scampi with roasted red peppers.

Okay, now you have me wanting to go out for fish and chips.....had a chance when we went out for dinner and DH had them. Oh well, maybe I will make them this week!:)

Did you make scratch or go out?

I raided the icebox...:) I keep it in there for Shrek when I'm at work, had a lazy day today, my legs hurt for some silly reason...:rolleyes:

Tonight was shrimp with a brown sugar/espresso/lime/ginger/garlic glaze over brown rice. Delicious!

46112-albums880-picture4749.jpg

Octopus and macaroni in tomato sauce

Back
Top Bottom