What's in the pan, Stan? Friday, March 2nd, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw Rock's earlier post for Osso Bucco and became hungry for Italian food. So I scrapped the fish idea and ended up having Veal Saltimbocca with Garlic Mash. I wish I had taken a photo now, because it turned out pretty good - though not as pretty as his dish.

Last edited:
Thanks, everybody! It was tasty. Nice treat once and a while. A little too rich for 8:30 at night, though. But, the shanks have been in the fridge for two days and I am busy all weekend, so they had to go tonight. Now, to try and stay up for a while.:LOL:

Last edited:
Coolio. I thought you may have had it before. Let me know. I see this one product at my local and am tempted to buy it, but it is a pretty big bag and I don't want to buy it, then have 2/3's of a bag sitting around getting freezer burnt and eventually throw it away. Call me cheap, but its around 10 bucks.

Funny you should mention it Rock.......I threw out a bag from the freezer today that went over the hill with freezer burn. I guess I kept tossing it back too long. Mine came from Trader Joe's

By the way how did you do as teacher last night for the cooking class?

I used some frozen shrimp for Scampi over Angel Hair Pasta. We had a green salad and garlic toast too.

Last edited:
BBQ BS Chicken Breasts
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Lemon Pepper seasoned Green Beans
Home made Baked Beans (freezer fair)

We went to Dad's favourite restaurant and had schnitzel - his favourite (only I had mushrooms on mine and he hated mushrooms. But I don't think he'd mind!

It just seemed like a very fitting thing to do. :)

I was so not into cooking tonight. Had to swing by Wally World, stopped in the frozen entree aisle and picked up an Eggplant Parmesan by Michael Angelo's. It was quite good, the sauce not too sweet and the portion size was perfect.

We went to Dad's favourite restaurant and had schnitzel - his favourite (only I had mushrooms on mine and he hated mushrooms. But I don't think he'd mind!

It just seemed like a very fitting thing to do. :)

Brilliant, Laurie!

My Chinese/out was really good! We had Hunan Beef and Garlic Chicken. The Garlic Chicken was really good in part because of the crunchy water chestnuts and understated garlic, but the Hunan Beef was excellent not only because of the spicy hotness but I particularly enjoyed the leeks. I don't often see leeks in Chinese cooking but I'm sure it's only because of my inexperience.

Tonight I'll be dreaming of cooking Chinese/Thai/Japanese food some day soon. I just can't get too much of this cuisine! (I'm not Asian although perhaps I was in a past life, if there is such a thing.)

Drumstick in the oven;
smashed tater (un-peeled)
Peas & onions in beef broth w/ my chili-bacon seasoning mix
cukes in a sour cream/balsamic coat

img_1114687_0_4598b7a1d6944ff386ed068c2831cd48.jpg

Back
Top Bottom