What's in the pot, Dot? Dinner 21/10/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frank has mentioned using a tagine. I found a post and he quotes Steve, who seems to have one too

Interesting, Harry. If anyone here uses one of those (tagines), they've been mum about it. That's the first I've ever seen or heard of one
these are my two.the one on the left is from ikea & the base doubles as a paella pan....damn clever those swede's!! the one on the right is a le creuset..cast iron base & ceramic "hat"..beautiful piece of kit it is too.if you are going to buy one make sure that the rim of the hat is unglazed.that's how they work,the unglazed rim sits on the base & as the steam condenses inside & runs down to the bottom of the hat it forms a seal between the base & the hat.clever eh?

Attachments

• TAGINES 001.JPG
    TAGINES 001.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 153
You also have to make sure that the tagine was made for cooking. Apparently they also make purely decorative tagines.

We are having sauerkraut and country pork ribs. (I love putting this on mashed potatoes.).

I have a chunk of pork and some fresh veggies I will cut up and make into a gravy laden melange to serve over rice or a pile of mashed potatoes.

Hello all! My first day back from a lovely visit with my sisters. We have pork tenderloin tonight. I'll probably toss it on the grill. I'm doing a spinach salad and the starch is yet to be decided. Possibly quinoa or rice.
look like it's pork night tonight! all sounds deelish...particularly your ribs & sauerkraut joann:yum:!!

DH is back to spending the week on the Eastern Shore of VA so it's just me and the yungun here at home. I've got 2 take and bake pizzas that will get thrown in the oven for supper tonight.

I was going to reheat the leftover chicken fried steak, but when I opened the plastic box, there was only one. Oops. So, I reheated that and some of the dark meat from the roasted chicken masala for me and the cfs for Stirling. Oh well, there was only enough leftover gravy for one anyways. I fried some cooked basmati rice in EVO with sesame seeds and seasoned with tamari and then I nuked some frozen corn and added leftover garlic butter. Pretty good meal for musgoes. We had some nice Spanish wine that comes in a one litre box. :ermm:

My son harvested his first buck during early muzzle loader season Saturday. He brought it to my house and I taught him how to break it down. So I'm having venison chili and biscuits with an ice cold beer for dinner this evening!:yum:

Made dinner quickly as I have been doctoring our kitty this evening. We had a couple nice small haddock fillets, about 1/2 pound each - broiled them with a squeeze of lemon juice,sprinkle of oregano, and fresh parm shredded finely with my zester. Sides were a bag of Carolina long grain and wild rice blend, peas, and the last of the fresh beets. Kitty ate her dinner too...and it stayed down! :w00t: BUT...we'll see how things go overnight.

I didn't do any pictures but last night our dinner was eggplant parm. The eggplants came from the garden (the little bush is now done and pulled) and the tomato sauce was from my private label stock I made in August. :)

Twas a nice meal.

Back
Top Bottom