What's in the pot, Dot? Dinner 21/10/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
gather round fellow gastronauts,tonights offering is seafood & butter bean tagine.hake from cornwall,langoustine from scotland,mussels from wales & butter beans from tesco!! muscadet colder than a witches teat:ermm:!!

Attachments

• SEAFOOD TAGINE 001.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 001.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 167
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 002.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 002.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 177
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 003.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 003.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 162
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 004.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 004.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 156
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 005.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 005.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 157
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 006.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 006.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 164
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 007.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 007.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 162
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 008.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 008.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 159
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 009.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 009.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 158
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 010.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 010.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 164
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 011.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 011.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 170
  • SEAFOOD TAGINE 014.JPG
    SEAFOOD TAGINE 014.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 157
I'm not going to be the first guy to post my dinner after Harry's mouth-watering post.

Me neither. :LOL:
i'll take that as a thumbs up then chaps.thank you.honestly not that hard or complicated to cook & not that expensive either.the mussels are cheap as chips,the langoustines are the same price as cod & 'cos most of the hake we catch is shipped to spain & portugal,when it does appear in the supermarket it's actually cheaper than cod & haddock....crack on:)!!

I have a tagine and I don't use it nearly enough. DH would like this, too.

I'm thinking beef tacos and Mexican rice tonight, but it's WAY too early for pics. So someone else will have to go second! ;)

All right. Harry types faster than me.

I have a nice juicy NY Strip loin to grill tonight. Going to grill it before Monday night football and before it gets dark outside. Salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and a baked potato. Simple. Delicious.

not me either, but I'd sidle up to Harry's table for a taste test
you are more than welcome anytime mate:)!!

I have a tagine and I don't use it nearly enough. DH would like this, too.

I'm thinking beef tacos and Mexican rice tonight, but it's WAY too early for pics. So someone else will have to go second! ;)
ohhhh c'mon guy's,i'm starting to feel like a bit of a pariah here....i'll sulk:(!!
get that tagine out gg.people say you can use a pan with a tight fitting lid or a casserole etc etc instead.you can but nothing turns out flavours & textures like a tagine.there's something almost magical about it!!

All right. Harry types faster than me.

I have a nice juicy NY Strip loin to grill tonight. Going to grill it before Monday night football and before it gets dark outside. Salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and a baked potato. Simple. Delicious.
there ya go whiska,that sounds bloody delicious:chef:!not had a good steak for ages....any chance of a piccie or two?

Interesting, Harry. If anyone here uses one of those (tagines), they've been mum about it. That's the first I've ever seen or heard of one.
Your seafood looks outstanding as usual :yum:

Interesting, Harry. If anyone here uses one of those (tagines), they've been mum about it. That's the first I've ever seen or heard of one.
Your seafood looks outstanding as usual :yum:
'cor blimey mate,where've you been?
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f51/harry-and-lailas-lamb-tagine-81287.html
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/harrys-mussels-and-chorizo-with-peppers-81377.html
to name but two:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!
i've got two,a small red one & a big black one...ermmmm...tagines that is!!

Last edited:
I have a chunk of pork and some fresh veggies I will cut up and make into a gravy laden melange to serve over rice or a pile of mashed potatoes.

Talking Shrek into taking me out to dinner this afternoon. Fiesta en Jalisco sounds great!

Hello all! My first day back from a lovely visit with my sisters. We have pork tenderloin tonight. I'll probably toss it on the grill. I'm doing a spinach salad and the starch is yet to be decided. Possibly quinoa or rice.

Back
Top Bottom