What's in the pot, Dot? Dinner for Fri Jan 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have had guests for a week and Mrs. Guest made dinner, serving Tossed salad, spaghetti with tomato sauce and garlic bread. I made Lemon Lady's lemon cake for dessert with coffee.

Yummy Kayelle!

We had 4 cheese ravioli with a vodka sauce and a big green salad. I've got a big glass of Merlot, and Ken had milk. LOL. Dessert is still up in the air. Maybe some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. We've got some dough in the fridge.

Going to make beef with broccoli.

Went with beef and green beans.

img_1101173_0_342d50040271c241f54a0338669e6744.jpg

quarter-pounder with mushrooms 'n onions and potato salad with sour cream. i used my new himalayan pink crystal sea salt on my burger and salad. the pink crystals are so pretty, i don't know whether to eat them or string them up on a wire and wear them around my neck!:) i need more excuses for using the smoked sea salt one--it's so yumm....
oh, and lace cookies for dessert. i don't often do dessert.... :)

Last edited:
Alix said:
Yummy Kayelle!

We had 4 cheese ravioli with a vodka sauce and a big green salad. I've got a big glass of Merlot, and Ken had milk. LOL. Dessert is still up in the air. Maybe some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. We've got some dough in the fridge.

Vodka sauce?? Recipe please! :)

Vodka sauce?? Recipe please! :)

Here is GB's recipe. I kind of mess about with it. I start with crushed tomatoes, toss in some garlic and maybe a hint of brown sugar. I often put in some herbs...whatever strikes my fancy, but I do onion powder instead of onions because one of my kids picks out the smallest molecule of onion in ANYTHING. I simmer a bit, then take it off the heat, stir in some parmesan and pour in a generous splash of vodka, and then a big BIG splash of whipping cream. I serve this quickly with a filled pasta of some kind, usually ravioli.

If you're lazy, you can buy the jarred stuff too! ;)

I cooked a duck for the first time ever today. It came out alright.
Ill have to pick up another one when I see them on sale and try again

We had sauteed pork cutlets with garlic and onions, baked sweet potatoes, buttered baby peas, pickled green tomatoes, iced tea, and (for dessert) some cake mix cookies I created this afternoon. All was well received and we were sated.

that's exciting, josh! roast duckling is one of my very favorite holiday foods! how did you like it? do you have a nice bowl of rendered duck fat now? i'm running low on duck fat myself. that may be argument enough to justify my buying and cooking a duckling even without the benefit of a major holiday in sight....:)

Alix said:
Here is GB's recipe. I kind of mess about with it. I start with crushed tomatoes, toss in some garlic and maybe a hint of brown sugar. I often put in some herbs...whatever strikes my fancy, but I do onion powder instead of onions because one of my kids picks out the smallest molecule of onion in ANYTHING. I simmer a bit, then take it off the heat, stir in some parmesan and pour in a generous splash of vodka, and then a big BIG splash of whipping cream. I serve this quickly with a filled pasta of some kind, usually ravioli.

If you're lazy, you can buy the jarred stuff too! ;)

Thanks. That sounds great. It sounds like I could just start with my homemade sauce and add the Parm, vodka, and whipping cream. I think it would be a hit here. Thanks!

JoshuaNY said:

Isn't it fun to cook duck? I serve it every Christmas. We just love it.

The beef and green bean stir fry looks amazing! I have something similar planned later this week with asparagus. Hope it looks as good as yours.

Back
Top Bottom