What's in the pot, Dot? Sunday, March 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ended up going to Arby's. I'll be glad to have my own kitchen again. We don't eat fast food all the time but we've eaten it a lot more often while living with family than we did before. Getting tired of it. Not too much longer though. We move into our appartment next weekend.

Cambozola French Toast

Shrek says this was a success. Not too sweet, I used a bit too much cheese, will cut it back a little next time. Two pic of the cheese and a pic of the assembled dish.

Attachments

• Cambozola French Toast 003.JPG
    Cambozola French Toast 003.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Cambozola French Toast 004.JPG
    Cambozola French Toast 004.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 68
  • Cambozola French Toast 005.JPG
    Cambozola French Toast 005.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 81
Beef ribs, rubbed with my blend du jour, then BBQ and sauced. Rice and green salad. It was AWESOME! Ken outdid himself with the ribs.

i am making a grilled chicken burger. pound out a thigh , then on bun with lettuce, tomato. maybe some cheese. i like cheddar with chicken. works in a casserole, why not a sandwich.

Get well soon Zhizara.

I'll be making something with pork loin. Probably something with a Danish flair.

I made almost "apotekergryde" (apothecary dish). I didn't have any 'shrooms so I just made it without. I also didn't bother with the flour. So, I cut up some bacon and fried it. I took the bacon out of the pan and fried onions and garlic in the bacon fat and seasoned it with hot paprika, then I fried cubes of pork loin. I added some vegi stock and some half and half and let it simmer for about half an hour. Then I added back the bacon and some European wieners (instead of cocktail wieners. The Danish ones are much better than the North American ones.) and reduced the sauce for a few minutes. I served it with boiled potatoes for Dh, rødkål, and a salad with a garlic vinaigrette. It turned out yummy.

lunchq.jpg

Chicken & Spinach quesadilla ---

Boneless chicken thighs grilled with oregano, thyme & cumin
Sweet onion
Red pepper
1 tbs. minced fresh garlic
2 c. chopped fresh spinach
shredded cheddar
tortillas

Pan grill the chicken thighs with seasoning. Remove the meat to cool slightly and add the onion and pepper to the grease w/minced garlic and sauté until tender and slightly caramelized. Toss the veggies from the pan in a bowl with sliced hot chicken and shredded cheese.

Melt butter in a clean skillet to make quesadilla. When butter sizzles, add tortilla, then layer in the filling and top with another tortilla. Top with a brick or press, if you have one. Flip when brown and toasty. Plate with a garnish of sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro if desired.

Last edited:
I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day and made it tonight. It was so good!
It was Potato Bacon Casserole: Bachelor in the Kitchen: Breakfast Tailgating with Potato Bacon Casserole « Nestlé Kitchens

The only thing I did differently was using a whole onion, and since there is so much salt in bacon I didn't add the seasoning salt. I was going to add garlic but forgot, and it was fine with just the bacon as seasoning. At the table I added black pepper to mine. :yum: I served it with green beans, which I had cooked in the pan I cooked the bacon in (I poured the grease out and wiped the pan out but it still had flavoring from the bacon).

We were going to have Polish dogs with kraut, but we went to Denny's for lunch where we had their new sizzling skillet (red skin potatoes, sausage, spinach, onions and cheese topped with two over easy eggs) I can highly recommend this dish if you are "down a about about a quart of oil) Lol! Way to much fat used. Perhaps that is why we are really not that hungry for dinner and will skip the Polish dogs and just have a bowl of soup. We will also skip another trip to Denny's for this dish! :LOL:

We've been busy, busy, busy lately and, as a result, there's been a lot of tired happening.

So tonight I let the pressure cooker, rice cooker and microwave do my work.

I put a nice piece of round steak into the pressure cooker, along with some chopped onion, minced garlic, a can of undrained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup, some red wine, and thyme and salt and pepper. In the rice cooker, rice, of course. And I nuked some baby lima beans.

We had that, some iced tea and a lemon thing for dessert.

Steve has been gone all weekend with Civil Air Patrol, and I was grilling a Tri Tip when he pulled into the driveway this lovely Sunday daylight savings time afternoon. The way to a man's heart....:flowers::heart:
img_1118612_0_54399b60d1e590a67f913c03219dec36.jpg

Rare Tri Tip, onion mushroom orzo. steamed and buttered broccoli, toasted garlic chibatta toast.

Steve has been gone all weekend with Civil Air Patrol, and I was grilling a Tri Tip when he pulled into the driveway this lovely Sunday daylight savings time afternoon. The way to a man's heart....:flowers::heart:
img_1118628_0_54399b60d1e590a67f913c03219dec36.jpg

Rare Tri Tip, onion mushroom orzo. steamed and buttered broccoli, toasted garlic chibatta toast.
That looks FANTASTIC!!

I've started a pot of chicken soup to soothe my nasty cold. I may add dumplings later.

What's cooking at your place today?

Hope you will feel better. Like I said before. If you go to the doctor's for treatment, it will take two weeks. If you stay home and treat it yourself, it will take 14 days. You choose.

And at my place? Son #1 brought me a nice big piece of meatloaf. Luv that kid. :yum:

Last edited:
We ended up going to Arby's. I'll be glad to have my own kitchen again. We don't eat fast food all the time but we've eaten it a lot more often while living with family than we did before. Getting tired of it. Not too much longer though. We move into our appartment next weekend.
Nothing wrong with Arby's. I love their beef-n-cheddar sandwiches. It's been eons since I have been there, and I drive by the local one all the time.

I ended up making veggie salads with bacon on top.... italian dressing on the side.

Last edited:
lunchq.jpg

Chicken & Spinach quesadilla ---

Boneless chicken thighs grilled with oregano, thyme & cumin
Sweet onion
Red pepper
1 tbs. minced fresh garlic
2 c. chopped fresh spinach
shredded cheddar
tortillas

Pan grill the chicken thighs with seasoning. Remove the meat to cool slightly and add the onion and pepper to the grease w/minced garlic and sauté until tender and slightly caramelized. Toss the veggies from the pan in a bowl with sliced hot chicken and shredded cheese.

Melt butter in a clean skillet to make quesadilla. When butter sizzles, add tortilla, then layer in the filling and top with another tortilla. Top with a brick or press, if you have one. Flip when brown and toasty. Plate with a garnish of sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro if desired.
YUMMM! I know I would love that, since I eat a lot of spinach, cheese and chicken!

Back
Top Bottom