"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #31
Assistant Cook

Chicken & Spinach quesadilla ---

Boneless chicken thighs grilled with oregano, thyme & cumin
Sweet onion
Red pepper
1 tbs. minced fresh garlic
2 c. chopped fresh spinach
shredded cheddar
tortillas

Pan grill the chicken thighs with seasoning. Remove the meat to cool slightly and add the onion and pepper to the grease w/minced garlic and sauté until tender and slightly caramelized. Toss the veggies from the pan in a bowl with sliced hot chicken and shredded cheese.

Melt butter in a clean skillet to make quesadilla. When butter sizzles, add tortilla, then layer in the filling and top with another tortilla. Top with a brick or press, if you have one. Flip when brown and toasty. Plate with a garnish of sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro if desired.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #32
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day and made it tonight. It was so good!
It was Potato Bacon Casserole: Bachelor in the Kitchen: Breakfast Tailgating with Potato Bacon Casserole « Nestlé Kitchens

The only thing I did differently was using a whole onion, and since there is so much salt in bacon I didn't add the seasoning salt. I was going to add garlic but forgot, and it was fine with just the bacon as seasoning. At the table I added black pepper to mine. I served it with green beans, which I had cooked in the pan I cooked the bacon in (I poured the grease out and wiped the pan out but it still had flavoring from the bacon).

Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #33
Executive Chef

We were going to have Polish dogs with kraut, but we went to Denny's for lunch where we had their new sizzling skillet (red skin potatoes, sausage, spinach, onions and cheese topped with two over easy eggs) I can highly recommend this dish if you are "down a about about a quart of oil) Lol! Way to much fat used. Perhaps that is why we are really not that hungry for dinner and will skip the Polish dogs and just have a bowl of soup. We will also skip another trip to Denny's for this dish!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We've been busy, busy, busy lately and, as a result, there's been a lot of tired happening.

So tonight I let the pressure cooker, rice cooker and microwave do my work.

I put a nice piece of round steak into the pressure cooker, along with some chopped onion, minced garlic, a can of undrained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup, some red wine, and thyme and salt and pepper. In the rice cooker, rice, of course. And I nuked some baby lima beans.

We had that, some iced tea and a lemon thing for dessert.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #35
Master Chef

Steve has been gone all weekend with Civil Air Patrol, and I was grilling a Tri Tip when he pulled into the driveway this lovely Sunday daylight savings time afternoon. The way to a man's heart....

Rare Tri Tip, onion mushroom orzo. steamed and buttered broccoli, toasted garlic chibatta toast.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Steve has been gone all weekend with Civil Air Patrol, and I was grilling a Tri Tip when he pulled into the driveway this lovely Sunday daylight savings time afternoon. The way to a man's heart....

Rare Tri Tip, onion mushroom orzo. steamed and buttered broccoli, toasted garlic chibatta toast.

That looks FANTASTIC!!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I've started a pot of chicken soup to soothe my nasty cold. I may add dumplings later.

What's cooking at your place today?
Hope you will feel better. Like I said before. If you go to the doctor's for treatment, it will take two weeks. If you stay home and treat it yourself, it will take 14 days. You choose.

And at my place? Son #1 brought me a nice big piece of meatloaf. Luv that kid.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
That looks FANTASTIC!!
Thanks so much Ms. M.

Here's a picture of the Tri Tip on the grill. I've sure missed you GF!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
We ended up going to Arby's. I'll be glad to have my own kitchen again. We don't eat fast food all the time but we've eaten it a lot more often while living with family than we did before. Getting tired of it. Not too much longer though. We move into our appartment next weekend.
Nothing wrong with Arby's. I love their beef-n-cheddar sandwiches. It's been eons since I have been there, and I drive by the local one all the time.

I ended up making veggie salads with bacon on top.... italian dressing on the side.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veri Similitude View Post

Chicken & Spinach quesadilla ---

Boneless chicken thighs grilled with oregano, thyme & cumin
Sweet onion
Red pepper
1 tbs. minced fresh garlic
2 c. chopped fresh spinach
shredded cheddar
tortillas

Pan grill the chicken thighs with seasoning. Remove the meat to cool slightly and add the onion and pepper to the grease w/minced garlic and sauté until tender and slightly caramelized. Toss the veggies from the pan in a bowl with sliced hot chicken and shredded cheese.

Melt butter in a clean skillet to make quesadilla. When butter sizzles, add tortilla, then layer in the filling and top with another tortilla. Top with a brick or press, if you have one. Flip when brown and toasty. Plate with a garnish of sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro if desired.
YUMMM! I know I would love that, since I eat a lot of spinach, cheese and chicken!