What's in the pot, Dot? Sunday, March 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I've started a pot of chicken soup to soothe my nasty cold. I may add dumplings later.

What's cooking at your place today?

Dinner will be a sausage and pepper medley, over pasta. I'll also be making a Thai red curry with pork for tomorrow. It is so much better the next day.

Vinccigrassi Lasagne

Sunday is always a real home made lunch even if we go out ... Lasagne ... with Chicken Ragù called Vinccigrassi ... ( see my recipe posted this morning in the Pasta Section ... )

Foccaccia and some good red wine ... Dessert: spiced pears with red wine ...

Enjoy your Sunday,
Margaux

Last edited:
Everything so far sounds great.....except your cold, Z. Get well soon!

I have been really doing aces in the kitchen lately (I know it is mainly to keep busy) so all food for today is just about done. I did most prep yesterday.

I got two types of pre-marinated chicken skewers at the butcher yesterday - sun dried tomato and souvlaki. I seared them and finished them in the convection oven and they turned out great. I will just do some Greek lemon potatoes and steamed veggies. DH will take his to work and I will have mine here.

For lunch I scramble-fried some ground turkey thigh with my fajita rub as spice and we will have quesadillas for lunch.

Oh, I guess you figured out it is poultry day! :LOL: Dave I had to leave your Yorkshire chicken until the next one (in 4 days) because I didn't think it would translate well into a portable dinner.

Now I have time to think about tomorrow's pork day!

Tonight I think I will do up some meatball subs. Maybe do some alfredo noodles or maybe corn pudding for the side. We'll see what I'm in the mood to make when the time arrives.

I am defrosting a couple of strip steaks and tossing a batch of sesame noodles to go with it. I may also do a Thai cucumber salad.

Tonight will be:

two slices of French toast, thick sliced bread
in between, some Cambozola Cheese and sweetened strawberries, heated through to melt the cheese
sprinkle with powdered sugar

I'm hoping to get pictures before we snarf it down.

Princess Fiona: Please tell me, what cheese is this ?

Good Evening Fiona,

I have just read ur post and I am very interested in the cheese you have mentioned. I am a cheese-aholic ... Love cheese.

It sounds Italian however, I have not heard of it.

What is the designation of origin, the animal, texture of the interior, the rind, aromas, colors ?

Thanks.
Have a nice Sunday.
Margi.

Princess Fiona: a blue variety !

I have just read the website that you referred to ... interesting, cow variety, sort of a fusion of blues ... a sweet Gorgonzola ... Thanks.

I shall see if the Club Gourmet in El Corte Ingles Supermarket has this ... I like to play with cheeses on a dessert platter with fruit ...

Thanks.
Margi.

Good Evening Fiona,

I have just read ur post and I am very interested in the cheese you have mentioned. I am a cheese-aholic ... Love cheese.

It sounds Italian however, I have not heard of it.

What is the designation of origin, the animal, texture of the interior, the rind, aromas, colors ?

Thanks.
Have a nice Sunday.
Margi.

It was created in the 1900's in Bavaria. It's cow's milk and cream with penicillin injection like is used for Gorgonzola. Kind of a Blue Brie, quite mild and slightly runny. The rind is very like Brie, off white and faintly smells of Bleu. Found it at the club store yesterday, $10 a pound. Tonight will be the first sampling of it warmed. The cold samples were exquisite.

Princess Fiona,

Thanks so much. I am going to check out. I love Brie, and I truly like Gorgonzola too. Bavarian blue, I have had here and it is lovely too --- I like a blue on an assorted cheese platter. Thanks so much.

Thanks for providing the post.
Margi.

I am doing a homemade take on gyros. I seasoned ground turkey ( onion, garlic, parsely, lemon juice) and formed into patties and pan fried them. They go into pitas with tomato, cukes, red onion and homemade tzaziki sauce.

Corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, cabbage salad (raw shredded cabbage & grated carrot dressed with oil, vinegar and spices) and mustard (Trader Joe whole grain Dijon mustard, Tobasco Hot and Spicy mustard and Gulden’s spicy brown mustard)

img_1118470_0_810c8f6844bed9599a3c4c6b34f532c4.jpg

Oh, I guess you figured out it is poultry day! :LOL: Dave I had to leave your Yorkshire chicken until the next one (in 4 days) because I didn't think it would translate well into a portable dinner.

No, that wouldn't travel well at all. :ohmy:

Now I have time to think about tomorrow's pork day!

Might I suggest pork chops stuffed with cornbread stuffing and cranberries.

Tonight I have thin-sliced roast beet and gravy on toasted Italian bread, then topped with mashed potatoes and more gravy, and a salad on the side.

Back
Top Bottom