What's in the Pot, Dot?? Tuesday 11/19/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Crock-Pot BBQ Beef, Onions & Peppers over Penna. Dutch Egg Noodles, Creamy slaw ...

IMG_2157.jpg

Chicken alfredo. Pretty easy to put together with sautéed mushrooms and rotiss chix. Also baked acorn squash and mixed green salad.

Linguine topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

I had the last liverwurst sandwich from that loaf of rye bread, and made a salad with some of the lettuce, mizuna, and basil from the hydroponics. That Grand Rapids lettuce, while the leaves are huge, they don't have as much crunch to them, compared to some of the other leaf lettuce varieties I've grown. The red variety doesn't show much red indoors, but in the sun it's one one those half and half red/green varieties.
L-R:Grand Rapids and Red leaf lettuce, mizuna, and basil, from the hydroponics. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Salad, from the hydroponics greens. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ropa vieja, black beans and rice.
I almost ordered that when we went out for a late lunch. Then I thought "Why? I can make it at home." :LOL:

We decided to celebrate our anniversary early so we could take his sis and her hubby along. They were both in our wedding, and we thought it would be nice if they joined us for our soon-to-be 45th anniversary. Dinner was at The Columbia Restaurant in Celebration, FL, but this family run dining empire started in the Tampa neighborhood of Ybor City. After dining here, we tasted why they have been successful since 1905.

We started with a pitcher of white Sangria. Lunch choices were Sea Bass a la Rusa for me, Pompano "Lido Key" for Himself, soup and a Cuban sandwich for my SIL, and Breaded Pork Milanesa for her hubby. Himself was the only one who ate all his food, yet he had room to enjoy some of our three shared desserts: Flan, Churros "Tres Amigos", and Guava Turnover "Carmita". EVERYTHING was delicious.

The Columbia Restaurant

IMG_20191119_153504414.jpgIMG_20191119_160342203.jpgIMG_20191119_160334443.jpg

Last edited:
Corned beef hash for breakfast lunch. Made enough for six meals. Ate four of them straight up.
So fruit salad for dinner. Dressed with Lebni Kefni Cheese.

Back
Top Bottom