What's in your belly, Nelly? 08/10/2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got haddock, some fresh pesto (not like my grandma's--made with swiss chard, greek basil, and toasted almonds), oh, and beans. I guess I'll poach the haddock.

That sounds lovely CWS...my Steve loves haddock, we dont get it here though :(

112 here today :ohmy: I was up at daylight as usual, and started the fixins for an orzo salad, so I could have something nice and cool this afternoon. Knew it was gonna be a hot one again today. :(

Cooked orzo, chopped cucumber, artichoke hearts, red onion, olives, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and parsley. Dressing was olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and cracked pepper. And some toasted pine nuts sprinkled on top. Just had a bowl of that nice cool loveliness with some RyeKrisp crackers on the side, it was great. :yum: And some leftovers for later. :)

Yum Cheryl, sounds great!

Kylie....I have so been craving lasagna and garlic bread! I just might have to order some at my fave Italian place for pick up tomorrow. :yum::LOL:

Our container garden is producing beautifully so tonight we had fresh cucumber wedges, sliced tomatoes, deep-fried okra and, as long as I had the fryer going we wrapped some all-beef hot dogs and bacon and deep-fried them, too. Washed it all down with iced tea and had Old Kentucky Nut cake for dessert.

You must Cheryl, it is the best dish :)

I make it all from scratch including the garlic bread, I so love Garlic Bread :yum:

Back
Top Bottom