What's in your belly, Nelly? 08/10/2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
as i've got crabs again i'll start from scratch...3lb orkney crab,tomatoes,avocado & bread.cold beer

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 160
as i've got crabs again i'll start from scratch...
Harry, I don't know if you meant that in the way I read it, but it made me laugh. Never had Orkney crab, but it appears to be similar to our Dungeness crabs. Maybe they're the same thing? Anyway, it looks like good eating.

Tonight we're having chicken.... something. Still not completely decided yet.

I've got some pork chops that will be grilled. Cucumber and onions marinating now. Have some macaroni and cheese along with it and peach cobbler for dessert.

Harry, I don't know if you meant that in the way I read it, but it made me laugh. Never had Orkney crab, but it appears to be similar to our Dungeness crabs. Maybe they're the same thing? Anyway, it looks like good eating.

Tonight we're having chicken.... something. Still not completely decided yet.
c'mon steve,you know me better than that...;)!! glad you had a chuckle mate.frank the fish in tesco is my own personal wiki.he doesn't just sell 'em he catches 'em too.i'll ask him about dungeness.dungeness is on the kent coast & the brown crabs from there are similar to the scottish orkney crab....so i reckon you could be right.damn good eating steve.enjoy your chicken matey!

I've got haddock, some fresh pesto (not like my grandma's--made with swiss chard, greek basil, and toasted almonds), oh, and beans. I guess I'll poach the haddock.

Mussels (not to be confused with muscles) in butter and garlic sauce, Lebanese bulgar, sautéed spinach and eggs, and a non-vintage Beringer Chilean pink moscato rosé

I thawed another hunk of the recent pork shoulder roast (extra tender). I was going to add it to some lima beans I was cooking in the broth from that roast, but managed to scorch the beans.

I guess I'll just slice up the pork and heat it up with some gravy and mashed potatoes.

I thawed another hunk of the recent pork shoulder roast (extra tender). I was going to add it to some lima beans I was cooking in the broth from that roast, but managed to scorch the beans.

I guess I'll just slice up the pork and heat it up with some gravy and mashed potatoes.
Sounds good--too bad about the beans. I did that with barley a few weeks ago (my breakfast). Nasty cleaning the pan. It was a SS pan, so I used oven cleaner, tossed the pan in a garbage bag, and cleaned in the next morning.

I keep forgetting when using drippings like that, the tendency to stick is high. I just treated the beans the same way I do when cooking them in plain water. I know better. At least I didn't set off the fire alarm!!

I keep forgetting when using drippings like that, the tendency to stick is high. I just treated the beans the same way I do when cooking them in plain water. I know better. At least I didn't set off the fire alarm!!
I wandered out to collect eggs and let the hens distract me...I was outside a tad too long and the barley was burnt/scorched (no water left). After that, I started using the rice cooker to make my barley in the morning.

If James remembers to stop at the store and get ground beef and tomatoes after he goes to the post office, we are having taco salads sans tortillas. If he forgets, I guess we are having refried beans, cheese, lettuce, onions, and salsa. :cool:

as i've got crabs again i'll start from scratch...3lb orkney crab,tomatoes,avocado & bread.cold beer

Everything looks DEELISH, H! All of my favorites.

Another day of 107 degree heat. Rotisserie bone-in lemon/herb turkey breast (from the Deli), green beans & smashed potatoes.

Everything looks DEELISH, H! All of my favorites.

Another day of 107 degree heat. Rotisserie bone-in lemon/herb turkey breast (from the Deli), green beans & smashed potatoes.
no mayo,no lemon no nothing C,when something is that good it doesn't need it.107degs again:ohmy:....but the chicken does sound good

Three 6 ounce beefburgers (2 for me) fried in butter for 3 minutes each side on toasted Marty's buns, with a slice of tomato and a mayonnaise, horseradish, chopped onion and sweet pickle sauce. Cucumber salad and tomato salad. Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer.

112 here today :ohmy: I was up at daylight as usual, and started the fixins for an orzo salad, so I could have something nice and cool this afternoon. Knew it was gonna be a hot one again today. :(

Cooked orzo, chopped cucumber, artichoke hearts, red onion, olives, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and parsley. Dressing was olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and cracked pepper. And some toasted pine nuts sprinkled on top. Just had a bowl of that nice cool loveliness with some RyeKrisp crackers on the side, it was great. :yum: And some leftovers for later. :)

We were out all day running around. Stopped at Famous Dave's on the way home and had half rack of ribs ( I did) and DxW had smoked chicken. Hot/ spicy ( not so much) green beans, corn muffins and cole slaw. Their sweet and spicy pickle chips are pretty good, and that's about the best I can say. Well, actually the ribs were pretty good too. Wish we had better BBQ restaurant choices. Sigh. Still, it beats cooking as the afternoon rolls along. Good way to start the weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom