What's in Your Tucker Bag? 10-10-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We are having a Caprese style pasta with prosciutto con melon. Hows bout you?

Tucker bag reminds me of "Waltzing Matilda"!

I‘m baking some bacon I salvaged from the freezer disaster, so either something with that, or some leftover zucchini-like lasagna.

"Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Down came a jumbuck to drink at that billabong.
Up jumped the swagman and grabbed him with glee.
And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Daggnabit, now I can't get Waltzing Matilda out of my head. Guess it will be BLTs, which has nothing to do with waltzing Matilda.

Edit: we had whole grain toast with peanut butter, bacon, and Amish loganberry jam. Sounds strange, but it was delicious.

Last edited:
"Tucker Bag" makes me remember the little drawstring bags we made when I was at Girl Scout Camp. They looked something like this:

70bbd0a30f7022bbeac851bc0f829347.image.220x165.jpg

Fortunately, I don't have to take supper out into the woods to eat tonight. A bit damp and chilly.

We're working our way through a forest of leftovers. Have a half-loaf of bread that needs to go before it becomes a hotbed of penicillin, and a hunk of ham waiting for a purpose. I'll make grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and use up last night's broccoli soup.

Mmm....looks good Medtran. Everyone's dinners sound so good, as usual! :yum:

I was lazy this afternoon, and ordered out for lasagna and chicky wings for delivery. I did make a salad and finished that off - there's wings and lasagna leftover for tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom