"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
Master Chef

What's Jamming for Dinner 8-16-17?

We'll be jamming some jambalaya! Maybe a spicy Creole sauce as well. Chicken and homemade andouille jambalaya that is.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Head Chef

Will finish off yesterdays BBQ chicken thighs..
Making a mac salad for tomorrow's dinner with friends so, will have a bit of that with today's chicken..

Peach cobbler for desert...

Ross

Old 08-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm planning to grill some chinese sausages and I'll make a batch of sesame noodles to accompany the sausages.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

A local seafood place is having their monthly Sushi & Tunes deal tonight, so we're planning to go there. The last couple of times we went, we ran into a bunch of neighbors, so that was fun
Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
Master Chef

DH and I have been perusing the homes for sale ads looking for a place to retire in. No rush to buy but there is one that piqued our interest and they have an open house tonight. So we're going to go look at it and then grab some dinner somewhere. Not sure where we'll go but no cooking for me tonight!
Old 08-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #6
Master Chef

Hot dogs, sauerkraut and beans for dinner.

I just made lime curd. And I am also making yogurt.
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #7
Head Chef

Have got some stuffed pork chops waiting in the fridge. Will grill some zucchini and big slices of portobello's. Have made a cream of mushroom sauce to drizzle over it. Will serve Mushroom Purses in a rose sauce as an 'amuse bouche'.

Haven't decided if I will "brule" the 'creme' yet... think we will be a little stuffed and not be able to appreciate it.

LOL... told her to be sure to use the 'facilities' before coming over. My bathroom had been decimated... at the moment not even a floor! I will post the progress on another thread but it is a bit mind boggling. I sort of knew what would be there but to actually see it! oomph! takes your breath away!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

London broil, buttered mushrooms, mashed taters, and a salad.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #9
Head Chef

I'm doing another new experiment tonight. Cut up pork pieces in the crock pot, mixed with lime juice, some cumin, chili, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and something else I forget. I'm going to have pork carnitas because I need to use up the last of the tortillas. And for once, I had the sense to put a crock pot liner in the pot.

The experiment part of this is the recipe says I can do the pork on high in the crock pot and it will be done in 4 hours. Okaaaay, then, since I didn't look at the recipe till 5pm.

I do have a question for anyone who wants to answer, though.

This recipe just called for mixing the pork with the spices and lime juice and putting it in the crock pot with no other liquid. Um, does pork make its own liquid then or am I going to have some cute firemen showing up eventually?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

This recipe just called for mixing the pork with the spices and lime juice and putting it in the crock pot with no other liquid. Um, does pork make its own liquid then or am I going to have some cute firemen showing up eventually?
Well, if your lucky a couple of Calendar firemen will show up.

Don't know what cut of pork you are using but it will produce "some" liquid. Plus it also depends on quantity as well. Hopefully you have a glass lid and can see what's happening inside. If not and you really don't want to open the lid - as you should not due to heat/moisture loss - you'd better depend on your nose.
All in all, I think you will not be lucky with the firemen. You will probably be lucky with the carnitas though! Good luck (food or otherwise...)

Tags
dinner, jam