"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #21
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Tonight is that cooking class I have been working on. 25 people booked. I was advised to cook for 30 incase to accomodate a few walk-ins. I live two blocks from the deli, so I will be doing a lot of prep at home in my own kitchen and head over about 3:00. I would rather work alone and not get in each others way. I am baking bread and making a tomato sauce for the eggplant parmesan right now.. Then, I have to zip into town for a meeting for my college application (when it rains it pours) Tonight, I will be demonstrating chicken picatta(last nights dinner was a trial run) and for primi piate I will be making Fettucini Vongole(clam sauce). We will have things set up like a cooking show. Table with a portable gas burner. This is a first time for me so, wish me luck....
Good Luck Rock! Let us know how it turns out!

Since today is an imaginary day, I imagine we will likely have take out at work from The Mustard Seed. Tonight it will be simple, I've been wanting oatmeal for a few days.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Either using leftover ingredients from last night's enchiladas to make tostadas or coconut shrimp.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DampCharcoal View Post
Either using leftover ingredients from last night's enchiladas to make tostadas or coconut shrimp.
I want to know what you have leftover from ehchiladas that could be made into coconut shrimp.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #24
Certified Pretend Chef

I was a little confused by the thread title. I am assuming this is the daily meal thread.

I have a condo board meeting tonight so I'll be defrosting a serving of black bean soup with andouille. SO is on her own tonight.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I want to know what you have leftover from ehchiladas that could be made into coconut shrimp.
Heh, you know, as soon as I posted that I thought, "That doesn't look right."

My english, she's not so good.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Fresh Steamed Mussels in White Wine

The reason we celebrate this day, is, the former Roman Emperor, Julius Caesar was born on this day ...

We are having steamed mussels ( in season now ) at the Bar across the street from our loft and some wine ... and the special tapas of the day ...

Margi. Cintrano.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #27
Assistant Cook

This entire thread made me smile.

Tonight will be roasted spaghetti squash topped with a butternut squash sauce with ground chicken, and roasted veggies.

Good luck tonight Rocklobster.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Tonight is that cooking class I have been working on. 25 people booked. I was advised to cook for 30 incase to accomodate a few walk-ins. I live two blocks from the deli, so I will be doing a lot of prep at home in my own kitchen and head over about 3:00. I would rather work alone and not get in each others way. I am baking bread and making a tomato sauce for the eggplant parmesan right now.. Then, I have to zip into town for a meeting for my college application (when it rains it pours) Tonight, I will be demonstrating chicken picatta(last nights dinner was a trial run) and for primi piate I will be making Fettucini Vongole(clam sauce). We will have things set up like a cooking show. Table with a portable gas burner. This is a first time for me so, wish me luck....
It sounds impressive and I wish you the best of luck!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlanamarie View Post
This entire thread made me smile.

Tonight will be roasted spaghetti squash topped with a butternut squash sauce with ground chicken, and roasted veggies.

Good luck tonight Rocklobster.

thanks for reminding me about spaghetti squash! i like it a lot every time i have it, but haven't bought it since way last year. my only problem with it is the hard to break into shell. i like to cook it and scoop the "spaghetti" strands out of the half-shell....
Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #30
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Tonight is that cooking class I have been working on. This is a first time for me so, wish me luck....
Roch, just remember - whether it is onstage or in the kitchen, you ROCK! Good luck and let us know the details.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote