What's leapin' into your cooking pot tonight, Wednesday 2/29/2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we had smoked turkey legs and thighs, sweet potatoes, nuked mixed veggies, and pickled serrano peppers (peppers from my garden last year that my neighbor pickled for us).

the smoked turkey was absofreakinlutely delicious. can't wait to cut into the pastrami tomorrow.

MsM, I have been so out of things I didn't even know you had done gotten yourself a job and gypped us out of pictures and awesome menus! :(

I am very sorry to hear about your layoff and join with the gang in saying what is their loss is our gain.:rolleyes:

I couldn't find the pot roast stew meal in the freezer so I picked up this frozen mushroom risotto which was on an introductory sale. I though "wow, this will be perfect to take to the hospital". I am sure glad I paid the sale price. It thawed by the time I took it out of my thermal lunch bag (with an ice pack) at the hospital. I walked down to the cafeteria, heated it as they said and took it back up to Dad's room (about a 5 minute walk and elevator ride). It was awful. Very disappointing. I ended up going back down and getting some cardboard pizza from the cafeteria. It cost twice as much as the rice and I am sorry to say it tasted better....and it is really cardboard! :ermm:

Oh well, I will just have to make sure I have something to take from home.

MsM, I'm sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully something even better will come along soon. :flowers:

We ended up having the macaroni and cheese at 6:30 a.m., for breakfast! Weird, I know, but we were facing 8 hours of no food or drink because of the blood work we knew we needed at the doctor's. We were starving by the time our appointments came, but we were okay with it since we needed the blood work. Unfortunately, it turned out we couldn't get the blood work because (for a couple reasons) we now have to pay full price for everything (we had been on a sliding scale and only paid $20, which covered everything). Instead of $20 we had to pay $70 each just for the office visit plus extra for some simple tests. We couldn't afford the approx. $1,000 each for the full blood work, so it turned out we didn't need to starve after all. Whew! Sorry for the novel!

We went to Wendy's for lunch, then on the way home I suddenly got a craving for spaghetti, so that is what we had later for supper. (You knew I would come to the point eventually!). :LOL:

Thank you LP and Barbara.

I heard from a co-worker that they may call some people back in 3 weeks. We'll see. It was good because it was only 6 hours at night and very close to home.

I'm sorry msmofet about your job. I wish you all the luck really soon.

babetoo, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Rock, I hope everything went well!

Hmmm. Wonder what a photo of Msmofet's favorite comfort food would look like..... :angel: Care to oblige while you've time on your hands?

I'm sorry msmofet about your job. I wish you all the luck really soon.

babetoo, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Rock, I hope everything went well!

Thank you VB.

Hmmm. Wonder what a photo of Msmofet's favorite comfort food would look like..... :angel: Care to oblige while you've time on your hands?
LOL Not sure I can choose a favorite comfort. It depends on the mood at the time.

Back
Top Bottom