What's leapin' into your cooking pot tonight, Wednesday 2/29/2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight is that cooking class I have been working on. 25 people booked. I was advised to cook for 30 incase to accomodate a few walk-ins. I live two blocks from the deli, so I will be doing a lot of prep at home in my own kitchen and head over about 3:00. I would rather work alone and not get in each others way. I am baking bread and making a tomato sauce for the eggplant parmesan right now.. Then, I have to zip into town for a meeting for my college application (when it rains it pours) Tonight, I will be demonstrating chicken picatta(last nights dinner was a trial run) and for primi piate I will be making Fettucini Vongole(clam sauce). We will have things set up like a cooking show. Table with a portable gas burner. This is a first time for me so, wish me luck....

Good Luck Rock! Let us know how it turns out!

Since today is an imaginary day, I imagine we will likely have take out at work from The Mustard Seed. Tonight it will be simple, I've been wanting oatmeal for a few days.

I was a little confused by the thread title. I am assuming this is the daily meal thread.

I have a condo board meeting tonight so I'll be defrosting a serving of black bean soup with andouille. SO is on her own tonight.

Fresh Steamed Mussels in White Wine

The reason we celebrate this day, is, the former Roman Emperor, Julius Caesar was born on this day ...

We are having steamed mussels ( in season now ) at the Bar across the street from our loft and some wine ... and the special tapas of the day ...

Margi. Cintrano.

Tonight is that cooking class I have been working on. 25 people booked. I was advised to cook for 30 incase to accomodate a few walk-ins. I live two blocks from the deli, so I will be doing a lot of prep at home in my own kitchen and head over about 3:00. I would rather work alone and not get in each others way. I am baking bread and making a tomato sauce for the eggplant parmesan right now.. Then, I have to zip into town for a meeting for my college application (when it rains it pours) Tonight, I will be demonstrating chicken picatta(last nights dinner was a trial run) and for primi piate I will be making Fettucini Vongole(clam sauce). We will have things set up like a cooking show. Table with a portable gas burner. This is a first time for me so, wish me luck....

It sounds impressive and I wish you the best of luck! :)

This entire thread made me smile.

Tonight will be roasted spaghetti squash topped with a butternut squash sauce with ground chicken, and roasted veggies.

Good luck tonight Rocklobster.

thanks for reminding me about spaghetti squash! i like it a lot every time i have it, but haven't bought it since way last year. my only problem with it is the hard to break into shell. i like to cook it and scoop the "spaghetti" strands out of the half-shell....:)

It's raining here and I got a phone call from work. I have been laid off. Not quite sure what dinner will be.

Sorry to hear that you've been laid off. Something better will come up. Not to worry. :)

So sorry to hear that msmofet. It stinks they did it over the phone!
Thank you for the kind words. But I guess I would have hated getting dressed in business clothes, running through the rain and wintery mix, driving to work with fools who forget how to drive in bad weather, picking my way around the flooded areas, getting a parking spot a hike away from the door, getting soaked possible hitting the deck on the way to the door, just to be told sorry you can go home. :huh::(

WELL on the brightside I will be cooking meals again and taking pictures. :chef:

Thank you for the kind words. But I guess I would have hated getting dressed in business clothes, running through the rain and wintery mix, driving to work with fools who forget how to drive in bad weather, picking my way around the flooded areas, getting a parking spot a hike away from the door, getting soaked possible hitting the deck on the way to the door, just to be told sorry you can go home. :huh::(

WELL on the brightside I will be cooking meals again and taking pictures. :chef:

There is a positive to everything, good luck.

The reason we celebrate this day, is, the former Roman Emperor, Julius Caesar was born on this day ...

Close! Julius Caesar was responsible for adding a day to make the harvesting seasons work out better, but his birthday is estimated in July sometime.

Tonight's dinner in our house is pork bits in BBQ sauce over rice. The pork is in the crockpot and the folks can make rice when they get home. There is a rhubarb/apple pie cooling on the counter and I hope like heck there is some left for me when I get off work!

sorry for you. it'll work out.

but yay for us! :D

Back
Top Bottom