What's Monday's Grub? Apr. 2/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to be baked chicken breasts, drop biscuits and I'm not sure on the veggie yet. Maybe green beans. Not sure yet how I'll season the chicken either. I was thinking maybe lemon and a little honey on the outside, then make a pocket and stuff it with lemon zest, butter and parsley. Maybe mix the parsley into the butter with a tiny bit of garlic and a little black pepper. Or maybe just the black pepper and parsley? If I use the garlic I might leave out the honey on the outside. Thinking I'll make Jello for dessert. Hmmm, I might have some canned apricot halves. If I do I could mix a little honey and cinnamon into some cottage cheese and serve that over the apricot halves as desert instead of the Jello. Decisions, decisions. Someone needs to make up my mind.

Main meal at Lunch - homemade sirloin burgers with Swiss cheese on gluten free buns with a spinach, mushroom, strawberry salad and white balsamic vinaigrette.

Light meal at Dinner - Roast beef sandwiches on gluten free potato flax bread (really yummy whether you need to be gluten free or not), kettle chips and carrot sticks with a banana for dessert. The beef is some that I shaved from a recent roast, portioned and froze. I just thaw and pat dry and add to a sandwich. Tastes as fresh as when we originally had it - as long as I don't keep it too long!

Last edited:
Mac and cheese with taco meat. I'd have made it chili mac, but forgot to add chili powder. It was good anyway.

I'm going to dig some previously cooked item out of the freezer and serve that for dinner. I'm feeling lazy today.

My "cooking" today is a lovely salmon being smoked. I haven't given much thought to dinner. Since we're all off in different directions tonight it might be soup and sandwich night. I've got some lovely pastrami from the deli and the chicken soup is on right now.

Last day of vacation, have tons of things to get finished up before I head back to work. Between this, that and the other, we ended up not going anywhere. So tonight I'm doing up some shrimp fried rice. The rice cooker is working overtime.

It is about time to make supper, and I'm still not sure. The ground beef isn't completely thawed yet, but I will brown it and start throwing stuff in. Not sure what yet, but probably tomatoes, onions, maybe rice or potatoes (or some mashed potatoes done on the side), some kind of vegetable, and some kind of seasoning. I will probably end up being as surprised as you. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I have a fridge full of leftovers. However, DH managed to talk me into trying the Southwest Patty Melt from Hardee's which he is bringing home. That sound you will hear is my arteries clogging.

Well, tonight's dinner of soup and sandwiches has morphed into smoked salmon on crackers and soup...later.

I just made up some tzatziki and marinated some black olives and pork tenderloin for tonight's dinner which will be souvlaki and Greek salad....

Attachments

• DSC00504.jpg
    DSC00504.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 164
Made rib steaks as pepper steak and stir fried vegis (broccoli, green beans, snow peas, and some water chestnut).

Next time I use the Magic Bullet to crunch the pepper I will use less than what it says in the recipe. It was good, if a little too peppery.

Back
Top Bottom