What's on sale at your supermarket this week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
it would be cool if we could keep this thread rolling every week, i'd like to see what kind of deals there are around the country. when i shop the weekly grocery ad its usually for meat and veggies but mostley for meat and when i find an outstanding deal i usually buy for the freezer. i never buy prepared/frozen food so you wont be seeing any of that stuff on my lists. well heres whats on sale this week in northern california:

safeway
whole chicken .69/LB
pork shoulder roast .99/LB
pacific red snapper or dover sole fillets $3.99/LB
broccoli crowns .87/LB
large eggs .99/DZ

luckys
tri tip or sirloin roasts $2.67/LB
pacific red snapper $3.99/LB
chicken leg Quarters .59/LB
fuji apples .33/LB

im heading out in a little bit for some whole chicken, red snapper, broccoli and fuji apples. ive been on an apple diet lately and this sale is perfect, probably pick up a good 6 or 7 pounds. the chicken i would rate as a freezer buy but im not gonna do it, my freezer is too full.

At Harris Teeter, Starbucks' ice cream pints are half price. Love the Java Chip Frappuccino!

Poweraid 32oz. - 0.25ea
Classico 24oz. Pasta sauce - $1.49ea
Pasta 12-16oz. - 0.49ea

No good deals on meat this week. You guys have some good deals!

thats a really good price on the pasta, i would rate that as a "buy for the pantry" price.

I don't normally shop Safe-way because they are generally higher then our Mid-Atlantic chair Giant Foods, but for comparing sake I'll use their sale ad.
Top Sirloin or Flat Iron Steak $4.99 per lbs
beef brisket 3.99
whole chicken 1.49
legs or thighs 1.29
80/20 ground beef 2.99
tilapia 3.99
cod 5.99

I haven't seen prices like what you are posting in years, whole chicken .69 wow!! the lowest I've seen it here is around .99 You don't how lucky you are living there.

I can generally get previously frozen flounder for 2.69/lb at the local Walmart. That's cheaper than any of the fish in the freezer section.

Our supermarket doesn't have sales flyers online. We don't get them in the mail where I live. As a result, I don't see the sale items until I get to the store.

Andy, they don't have the newspaper ads where you live? Grocery stores make much more money off of you when you go in there without a plan. There are services that plan a weekly menu around the sales at specific stores. What stores are closest to you?

Andy, they don't have the newspaper ads where you live? Grocery stores make much more money off of you when you go in there without a plan. There are services that plan a weekly menu around the sales at specific stores. What stores are closest to you?

We only get the Sunday paper. They don't have a flyer there either.

I guess they must already have all the customers they want!

It's a no frills store, privately owned. The best supermarket prices in the region, excellent selection, a variety of ethnic foods, great meats, decent produce. I can't complain.

I do a majority of my shopping at Walmart, but once a week, sometimes twice I go to Publix for the Buy One Get One free stuff.
Today I picked up...
Hellmann's Mayo 30oz. BOGO
Marie Callender's Dinners (easy for mom to fix) BOGO
Ronzoni pasta 16oz. box BOGO
Philadelphia soft cream cheese 8oz. 5 for $5.00

Asparagus! Love that first of the season (at least here) arrival. I have been having it with every meal, and even by itself. Almost bought the store out.

Semi-Boneless Beef Rib Roast 4.99$ lb. Cheapest I have seen around here in a long time.
4th-7th rib. Does anyone know if that is more or less tender section of the rib???

Krogers is running some great ones!
Buy 8 and get a special price...
Kraft 8 oz brick cheeses... $1.49.. buy 8 and they are 99 cents each!
Same with Diet Coke.. $.99... or 8/.69!
International Delight Coffee Creamers... 8/$1.99!

Yeah, I stocked up big time.

Just got a boston butt for 1.27 per pound and a ham for .88 per pound from Food Lion. The spiral sliced ham was 1.27 per pound but I figured I could save money and we could slice our own ham!

nothing really outstanding this week of easter, i was expecting a little more

spiral cut ham .99/LB
dozen large eggs .59/DZ - linmit 2
fresh pineapple $1.59 EA

i'll just be going for the 2 dozen eggs and a couple of pineapples. i have 3 hams in the freezer, bought 4 of them when i found them for .59/LB on a closeout right after the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom