What's on the fork, Bjork? 10 January, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
(Sorry couldn't resist)

10th January, 2014

Planning on spag bol but went to the stables to put Horse on livery (ie for the staff to do his jobs). Found they were short staffed and ended up mucking out horses all day. Result? I now can't find a bone in my body that doesn't ache and could barely get out of the car when I got home!

So It's going to be Morrison's (a UK supermarket) posh fish cakes with Morrison's potato salad and coleslaw followed by Morrison's lemon American muffins. Three cheers for Mr Morrison (Sir Ken, actually)!

Last edited:
We're feeding eight family members tonight so I whipped up a big batch of Sunday ragu with meatballs and sweet Italian sausages. We'll serve that over spaghetti with a salad and crusty bread.

Last edited:
I am doing something with chicken breasts but that have no idea what. It needs to be low fat, gluten free, dairy free, go with only the ingredients I have in the house and be tasty.

I love a challenge! :chef:

smoked mackerel (from a fishmonger, not a factory) with boiled potatoes and a fresh green salad (lots of olives and gherkins). extra grated fresh horseradish to go with the fish. washed down with a light red wine. (oh yes, red wine can go well with oily/smoked fish)

I've had another difficult day, so we are ordering Chinese for dinner. I'll have wonton soup and DH will probably have the boneless pork ribs with pork fried rice. I'm considering getting another dish. Need to check the menu.

39817-albums888-picture5809.jpg
Venison Loin Chops w/ cran, rasin, rum sauce, cheese pierogies, & veggies.

Last edited:
Venison Loin Chops w/ cran, rasin, rum sauce, cheese pierogies, & veggies.

Gorgeous again, S&P! :yum:

Had a big work lunch and brought home the leftovers, so a leftover Cuban sandwich and fries. Well, fries. Just discovered DH had already consumed the sandwich.

Just a thought, title could be: What's on the Fjork, Bjork :LOL:

Last edited:
I wonder if Bjork will ever out live her swan dress. Here's a couple pics to ease your mind.

We had Toasty dogs with cheddar layers inside. Baked and flipped under high heat till all golden and melty. It’s the one time you can Legally dip your dawgs in catsup. The last handful of Tater tots too. Served direct on the foil square they all baked. Not even a paper plate to dispose. Red Jello with sliced bananas. Eaten around the coffee table in the den before tonight's movie.

I wasn’t feeling particularly nostalgic. And now that you mention it, it does resemble school lunch. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Sleeve-for-Bjorks-Homogen-007.jpg
    Sleeve-for-Bjorks-Homogen-007.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 161
  • bjork.jpg
    bjork.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I am doing something with chicken breasts but that have no idea what. It needs to be low fat, gluten free, dairy free, go with only the ingredients I have in the house and be tasty.

I love a challenge! :chef:
Salt and pepper baked chicken with corn on the cob and kale salad.

Broke out my Presto fryer for chicken drumettes (egg wash, Dixie Fry mix), french fries and coleslaw. I was gonna do fish and chips, but the oil is new and I want to fry non fish items first.

Untitled.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
LP, you're a down right magician with all those restrictions....you continue to amaze and inspire.

Andy what a perfect meal for a big family table...Kades comes to mind, and would be proud of you.

What a gorgeous plate S n P!

Tonight is simple fare here. Thin sliced rare Tri Tip on toasted torta rolls from Costco, adorned with avocado, home grown tomatoes (yes, we still have them) and spinach leaves.

DH came home with the cold (complete with sore throat) that I am just getting over, so the pork chops I had planned will wait until another night. Homemade turkey noodle soup for him. I rummaged around the freezer and found some coconut shrimp that needed to get used added a couple of frozen egg rolls to it, that was dinner for me =\

Back
Top Bottom