What's on the menu for Monday November 2, 2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
TB's back to work today after a week off so I am back to main meals around 1 pm.

I am trying to empty the freezer so I can fill it back up with new food, so today is going to be Minestrone soup using some stew beef, frozen veggies and homemade broth. I will also make some herb bread to go with it. Perfect for our cold and rainy weather!

What are you planning for today? :)

Leftover chicken parm. I need to make some sauce for it so I decided to try a new sauce recipe. I copied off Mario Batali's Basic Tomato Sauce recipe and will give it a try tonight.

I have two chicken apple sausages left from a previous meal, so I'll be mixing those chopped into a bread stuffing to use up aging (but not moldy) whole wheat bread. We'll be having baked acorn squash stuffed with that.

This is clean-out week in many ways: with intentional leftovers in the fridge so that I can winterize a garden or two and get some serious cleaning done in the nooks and crannies of this house.

TB's back to work today after a week off so I am back to main meals around 1 pm.

I am trying to empty the freezer so I can fill it back up with new food, so today is going to be Minestrone soup using some stew beef, frozen veggies and homemade broth. I will also make some herb bread to go with it. Perfect for our cold and rainy weather!

What are you planning for today? :)

Nothings better that soup on a cold day.

It's split pea soup with all the goodies around here.

Absolutely gorgeous day here (almost 70 F in November!)

I am grilling marinated bone in chicken breasts in dijon lemon rosemary garlic marinade. Alongside we will have grilled sweet potatoes and a green salad with a simple red wine vinaigrette.

Clam chowder (cream style), I made last Friday and froze, using fresh clams I steamed till just open in white wine, with garlic and green onions. The usual veges, S&P and dry sherry.:yum: We have 5 lbs of frozen conch, so I'll make a similar chowder using some of the conch.

Last edited:
Small eye of round roast, 1.5 lbs. Only $8. Has a nice shape and even some fat running thru it. Mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, salad and french dinner roll.

I had the last of the leftover ribs and mashed potato dinner from Saturday. Used it up before I got tired of it, and even had some for breakfast this morning, too. :)

I did make a side salad to go with it this evening.

Munky, you got my taste buds goin' for split pea. I think I'll make a pot of that goodness tomorrow. :yum:

...We'll be having baked acorn squash...

Change of plans. :wacko: When I left to run errands, Himself was doing stretching exercises on the bed, trying to get his leg and back to hurt less. While I was gone, he took his full compliment of pain and muscle relaxer pills. They worked, because when I got back from errands (and visiting with his sis) he was just coming downstairs to the kitchen for coffee and toast. At FIVE-THIRTY PM! I am not feeding him dinner at midnight. :LOL: Instead, I ate the Panera "You Pick Two" freebie I earned by making enough purchases in October. Free food just for buying the bread we need? Not turning down free food!

He can rummage for supper, just so long as he keeps his mitts off of the sausage. I really want the stuffed acorn squash tomorrow.

I made of very nice ham with pineapple slices and cloves and of a brown sugar and honey glaze upon it. We also had sweet potatoes, Joyce's broccoli with the cheese sauce and a very nice pumpkin pie. It was very good!

~Cat

Curry chicken instead!

I was deciding whether I wanted to make one of those packet spices, like apricot chicken or devilled sausages, But I decided on going with some curry powder and chicken, I added some chick peas and red beans. EXTRA PROTEIN <3

:LOL:

Broke a tooth last week while working in Toronto, so I had to have a crown put on today. Not much in the mood to cook with a softball in my right cheek. Made my version of Olive Garden's Potato Gnocchi soup with some of the Garlic Knot rolls from the Wal-Mart Bakery. The ones you bake in the bag (very good).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom