What's on the Menu for Thursday Dec 15/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold and snow today, so I stayed in and made some Pea-Soup in a sourdough bowl.

img_1492054_0_eeeaf20d22f8c6fe3606667013bc260d.jpg

Mmmm, I should have gone to Joey's for dinner. :) :yum: Looks wonderful!

Happy birthday, Mrs. Tenspeed, and happy anniversary to Rock and girlfriend of Rock!

So far, one and a half Christmas cookies. DH brought home a dozen from a fundraiser, there was supposed to be three each of three different varieties, but sadly, there's only one gingerbread man in the box. The rest are all sugar cookies. Someone else must have our other two gingerbread men.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. 10-speed. ~ Happy Anniversary to you, Rock, and and your Rockette. ;)

Cold or no cold, I have things to do. Like clean out the fridge from the stuff I bought before the cold moved in. We had baked ham (Sugardale :yum: ), roasted broccoli tossed with olive oil and TJ's Dukkah, green beans, and asparagus. Used some of the French bread to make garlic toast (roasted garlic, butter, fresh-grated Romano and Parma, fresh parsley). Happy Himself, and I have empty spaces in the fridge. Win/win.

I'm convection blast roasting the small end of a Tri Tip, and we'll be having steamed artichokes with a baked spud.

Happy celebration meals to you and your honey's, 10 speed and Rock.:flowers::flowers:

Just a FYI report about the well seasoned small end of the Tri Tip in the oven on a pan with a rack. I set the "convection roast" setting to 500 degrees and roasted it for 15 min. till the smoke alarm went off. :LOL:
After letting it rest for 15 min. it was perfectly med. rare, and beat going out in the rain to the grill.:yum:

Dug in the freezer and found some chicken I had from cooking a whole chicken for dumplings. Made chicken salad with toasted pecans, dried cranberries, egg and white grapes.

Back
Top Bottom