What's on the Menu for Tuesday July 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Our dinner plans depend on how DH is feeling today and whether he is going back to work. Beef is on the menu, but not sure whether it will be more soup or something heartier.

I had planned a steak and spinach salad, but will just wait and see.

My flu symptoms have gone, though I am still not quite over the asthma attack. Which means I can eat what I want, just can't breathe outside. :rolleyes:

What's on your menu for today?

No cooking for me till the weekend, there is a smell of curry wafting out of the kitchen:)

I'm working evenings the next few days so I'll prep something. I'm thinking they might get either baked tortellini tonight or some other kind of pasta dish. Easy to prep and easy to reheat.

Just had a medium spicy chicken curry, but its not quite dinner time, later tonight more than likely seafood or a salad. Im thinking bronzed salmon and a spinach salad.

I have half a jar of tomato sauce left from the pizza over the weekend. I'm thinking something with tomato sauce. Not sure if I'll do spaghetti or use up some of my penne pasta with meatballs. We'll see what I feel like messing with come suppertime.

A salad of some sort, incorporating some new potatoes I boiled this morning (before the worst of the heat) and roast beef slices I cooked over coals last week and froze.

Meatballs & spinach & cheese-stuffed ravioli with tomato/vodka sauce. Fresh fruit for dessert.

Last edited:
Haven't really scheduled anything for tonight's meal because, in a few minutes, I'm leaving for an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon with the hope he can give me the use of my hands again. Good old "Arthur" has roached my thumbs and my hands are useless. I suspect, with x-rays, etc., this will be an all afternoon affair.

When we get home...whenever that'll be, we will hit the refrigerator and see what it will provide. That, and a counter full of fresh veggies Glenn's son brought us the other day. We'll have plenty.

Haven't really scheduled anything for tonight's meal because, in a few minutes, I'm leaving for an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon with the hope he can give me the use of my hands again. Good old "Arthur" has roached my thumbs and my hands are useless. I suspect, with x-rays, etc., this will be an all afternoon affair.

When we get home...whenever that'll be, we will hit the refrigerator and see what it will provide. That, and a counter full of fresh veggies Glenn's son brought us the other day. We'll have plenty.
I will be thinking of you with your appointment and hope that the doctor can give you some relief! Arthur (loved that reference in a serious of books "The Mitford Tales") seems to have taken up residence in my pinkies, pointers and wrists so I understand.

Take care, Katie.

well,i was on my way home,called in at tesco,found a nice chunk of ribeye on yellow label,took it to frank on butchery who minced it on coarse cut for me & i made double cheeseburger layered up with emmenthal cheese,red onion,sliced pickled cukes,crispy oak smoked bacon & tomato.made a dill potato salad to have with it + a pack of kettle chips & a peroni.....need to lie down now:yum:!

Attachments

• RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 002.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 002.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 154
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 003.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 003.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 156
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 004.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 004.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 157
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 005.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 005.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 168
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 209
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 008.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 008.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 220
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 001.jpg
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 001.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 171
That's it! I'm buying Peroni on my next liquor store run! Dang it Harry! I've been good for a long time. Get thee behind me Satan!

That's it! I'm buying Peroni on my next liquor store run! Dang it Harry! I've been good for a long time. Get thee behind me Satan!
ha hahhhhhhhh! see you in the hot place alix,you're in the elevator & it's a one way ride....dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn:devilish:!!!!

Last edited:
A roast chicken is on for tonight. I'll also be preping the ribs for tomorrow.

Menu has changed. Went to the freezer and no hamburger. No sausage. Means no spaghetti. I have a bag of frozen meatballs so will do a stroganoff Knock off on noodles. Not sure if I have enough salad fixings but if not I can do asparagus or peas.

well,i was on my way home,called in at tesco,found a nice chunk of ribeye on yellow label,took it to frank on butchery who minced it on coarse cut for me & i made double cheeseburger layered up with emmenthal cheese,red onion,sliced pickled cukes,crispy oak smoked bacon & tomato.made a dill potato salad to have with it + a pack of kettle chips & a peroni.....need to lie down now:yum:!

not only handsome but a good chef.

Too hot to cook...not hungry, but I've made one of my "shake 'em up" pasta salads--no meat in it, but eggs, green onion, black olives, green peas, radishes, and kidney beans. Dressed with mayo+buttermilk+sundried tomatoes (chopped fine), parm. cheese, some italian seasonings. Might add some meat tomorrow...don't know. (The reason I call it "shake 'em up" salads is I put everything in a big tupperware bowl, pop on the lid and shake it up to mix the dressing through.

Back
Top Bottom