"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We were supposed to have grilled chicken smothered with mushrooms, green peppers and onions. Grilled asparagus with lemon-Garlic Aoli. However, when I got off work this morning there were no packages of 2 breasts and so I ended up with a small chuck steak and the above mentioned veggies. It was raining cats and dogs, so no grilling. I diced the onions, green pepper, celery and sliced the mushrooms. Placed all in the crockpot with the beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and 8 ounces of water, covered it and went to bed for a few hours. I was thinking beef ettouffe (again) over rice, but when I tasted the broth was pleasantly surprised over the beefy onion mushroom broth. I added some teriyaki and simmer another hour. Cooked up some udon noodles, tossed with sesame oil and ladled over the beef, broth and veggies. Fantastic! Good thing I'm adaptable.

Hopefully tomorrow we can fire up the grill and grill the asparagus.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Had the day off today. Ethan had a very important day he turned 6 and we ate pizza had soda and lemonade. It's was fun and we all went home to the smiles of one happy little boy.
kades

Old 05-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #13
Head Chef

Fresh Mozzarella, tomato, basil, garlic and oil on a keiser with a side of asparagus and corn on the cob.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We took a 4 hour ride on the Harley beginning just after noon today. Had a great ride and even got rained on a bit. Still a great ride. So happy to see the sun and feel the breeze against our faces.

Thank goodness I'd made a refrigerated antipasto pasta salad last night so it was already to serve, which was on a bed of our first red lettuce from the garden. I'd made some French bread before our ride, so we had that with some butter with the salad, then finished our meal with the last of the season's strawberries over homemade shortcake. Boo, hoo, the strawberries are done for this year. They were awesome.

Happy Memorial Day to all and "thanks" to all our veterans, past, present and future. You're the reason Glenn and I can enjoy a day like we had today!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #15
Master Chef

Grilled (charcoal with hickory and mesquite chips) Flank steak, corn on the cob, veggie kabobs and hot dogs.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

you are killing me with these pics. what was your address again.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
you are killing me with these pics. what was your address again.
Thank you babe!!

1234 Main Street, East Coast, USA!!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #18
Cook

Since we had BBQ yesterday, we decided to go out for dinner. We went to NORMS. It was OK. The presentation wasn't quite so appealing. I should've taken a picture of my meal. I ordered a NY steak strip with mashed potatoes and a side of sauteed vegetables. It looked like the chef plopped everything onto one plate. I received too much mashed potatoes and the gravy spilled onto the steak and vegetables. The only thing I liked tonight was the ceasar salad. So I was disappointed with my meal.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Grilled (charcoal with hickory and mesquite chips) Flank steak, corn on the cob, veggie kabobs and hot dogs.

I have never seen hot dogs scored like that before to grill. Any special reason?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I have never seen hot dogs scored like that before to grill. Any special reason?
Because they are unusual and fun. And my mom did it when she fried dogs. It would make the girls giggle when they were young. No special reason just fun seeing them curl and split.

Tags
dinner, dinner ideas, menu, supper, supper ideas