What's on the Menu Monday December 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, my third day in a row starting this?

Just found out by text message that DH is working an afternoon shift at his second job so it is just Dad and I. I still think I will do my shepherd's pie and make some individual meals for DH to take and for Dad on nights I am making something he doesn't like.

What are you planning to make today?

After a couple threads around these here parts got my hankering up for calves liver I went and picked some up. So liver and red onions. Mashed potatoes and some roasted asparagus.

i'm eating at frank's.

oh man how i'd love some home cooked liver. i'm not allowed to make it at home, and every time i order it out it's overcooked along with the bacon. i like medium rare liver, and soft cooked back bacon (not streaky belly bacon).

i'm just leaving work now, so i just hope i'm awake for dinner. i'm getting sick of eating out.

I have no clue what to make. Likely going to be something easy like perogies and sausage since I will be at work and everyone is dashing somewhere tonight. Only 5 more sleeps til days off!

i'm eating at frank's.

oh man how i'd love some home cooked liver. i'm not allowed to make it at home, and every time i order it out it's overcooked along with the bacon. i like medium rare liver, and soft cooked back bacon (not streaky belly bacon).

i'm just leaving work now, so i just hope i'm awake for dinner. i'm getting sick of eating out.

Yer welcome for dinner but I am not doing bacon with it. Don't know if that is a deal breaker. :)

Caribbean chicken, potato & veg roti!!!! Mmmmmmm. Curry is simmering. Just have to make the wraps.

Bourbon........
Fried Chicken.....
Pink-Eyes.............
Okra & Tomatoes......
Steamed cabbage............
Rutabagas........
Cornbread..................
Chocolate Ice Cream..........

Last edited:
I took the whole day off. Did nothing that I didn't want to do...Heaven! So I did feel like a little light cooking. Had a lot of leftover corn from a family party last night so dinner tonight was a lovely Sausage and corn chowder with my friend's mother's Corny Bread. My family gobbled it up. I had one bowl left over and DH told me to put it in a bowl, he'd eat it tonight. Boy that doesn't happen very often in this white bread, boxed food family.

I have a business dinner tonight. A group of five will be going to a local restaurant/steak house.

DH is playing tennis tonight, with dollar burgers after, and I made too many visits today to the teacher's lounge and all the goodies therein, so it may be just veggies and dip.

I have a business dinner tonight. A group of five will be going to a local restaurant/steak house.

Who are you going to be giving the business to?
;)

I had fried chicken for lunch, so am unsure of my previous dinner plans. I'm really not that hungry.

I picked up some marinated skirt steak today so I'll be making Fajitas. Along with the onions and bell pepper I'll be adding some sliced portabella mushrooms to the saute'.:yum: Warm flour tortilla to wrap everything up will make a great easy dinner.
I think I'll make some Mexican rice too.:zorro: Ole' :zorro:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom