What's on the Menu Monday December 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First for us, bacalao. Karen has been preping the salt cod for 3 days. Cooked with milk, thyme and garlic. Flaked and mixed with mashed potatoes. This mixture is spread over a split loaf of homemade "hoagie" roll and toasted. Spanish mild chorizo is sliced and sauted to render the fat, drained and distributed over one half of the loaf. A "slaw" is made with parsley, black olives, red onion, red wine vinegar and olive oil. This is spread over the chorizo and the other half of the loaf completes the sandwich. All I can say is "interesting" and I still haven't decided if I really like bacalao.:ohmy:

Craig

I've still got a taste for rice, so I'm going with part of my dinner plans from earlier. I'm having rice for dinner. With large amounts of butter.

hmmmm I have never heard of bacalo. Off to do some reading. Love when that happens! =)

I roasted a chicken with some onions and potatoes underneath to soak up all the chicken-y goodness. Also a bowlful of salad so I get my fix of green for the night.

I made the old Chicken Rice Casserole.

Attachments

• DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 156
No shepherd's pie was made today so Dad and I have scrambled eggs and sausage. Tasted good! Sometimes simple is nice! :)

We had pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy, for veg. we had green beans and some cottage cheese. For dessert it was apple pie.

It is my nephew Justin's 28th birthday. My sister made pork enchiladas and chicken enchiladas, and for dessert we had German Chocolate cake and ice cream. :yum:

I tossed together another one of my "everything but the kitchen sink" pasta dishes: grated parm. and grated Asaigo for the cheese sauce, pepperoni, black olives, dehydrated tomatoes (rehydrated while the pasta cooked), garlic, onions, green peas, fava beans. Garnished with capers and a drizzle of white truffle oil. Filling. I couldn't finish what was on the plate...guess I'll have that later for breakfast.

Attachments

• pasta.jpg
    pasta.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 134
I tossed together another one of my "everything but the kitchen sink" pasta dishes: grated parm. and grated Asaigo for the cheese sauce, pepperoni, black olives, dehydrated tomatoes (rehydrated while the pasta cooked), garlic, onions, green peas, fava beans. Garnished with capers and a drizzle of white truffle oil. Filling. I couldn't finish what was on the plate...guess I'll have that later for breakfast.
Looks good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom